• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Broncos Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

18 minutes ago, colty77 said:

Broncos have had national exposure all year and for several years.  They usually get the nationally televised late afternoon game with the #1 CBS crew Nantz and Simms, if they're not playing on Sunday or Monday Night...  they've had numerous Super Bowl appearances and countless playoff runs.  This is new for the Panthers and their fans, the excitement and all.  It's old hat to the Broncos, the coaches and their old QB.

I'd like to see the Panthers face this game with realistic expectations...   not over-hyping their chances only to be left with their expectations dashed by halftime and spend the second half in a cold sweat panic.

Dude who the hell do you think the "mighty" Broncos are going to be facing Sunday night, The North Carolina Pop Warner all-stars?Your team's playing another NFL team with 53 talented professional football players.  A 17-1 NFL team that leads the league in scoring and has a hell of a defense too. If the Denver players should have the same expectations about what the Panthers are bringing Sunday night as you do it will be over by half time, but not how you hoped.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MadHatter said:

They won the matchups because the steelers were banged up and players out....not because of anything the Brincos did or schemed for.

the same can be said about beating the Cardinals depleted defense. The sports contradiction game is too easy

1 hour ago, colty77 said:

Broncos have had national exposure all year and for several years.  They usually get the nationally televised late afternoon game with the #1 CBS crew Nantz and Simms, if they're not playing on Sunday or Monday Night...  they've had numerous Super Bowl appearances and countless playoff runs.  This is new for the Panthers and their fans, the excitement and all.  It's old hat to the Broncos, the coaches and their old QB.

I'd like to see the Panthers face this game with realistic expectations...   not over-hyping their chances only to be left with their expectations dashed by halftime and spend the second half in a cold sweat panic.

Broncos have a lot of experience getting their doors blown off in the Superbowl by superior NFC teams, that's for damn sure

• Pie 6

16 minutes ago, tarheels said:

the same can be said about beating the Cardinals depleted defense. The sports contradiction game is too easy

Yes it is. Same can be said of Denver beating the Pats with their depleted O-line.

Exactly how was the Cardinals defense depleted? Mathieus absense was big for the Cards but they were not depleted.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, tarheels said:

You keep repeating this point without backing it up. So, missing one player Mathieu makes their defense depleted? Didn't they annihilate the Packers and hold them to 8 points with that "depleted" defense?

By your logic, the Panthers defense was "depleted" as well, missing Tillman, Benwikere, Jared Allen, and Thomas Davis for a half. But yet, they held the #1 yards/game offense to 15 points.

I'd argue the Steelers were much more "depleted": missing the best WR (who had 186 yards/2 TDs vs the Broncos), missing Bell and Williams at RB. When Steelers had Brown and Williams, they put up 34 on the Broncos.

Edited by pantherking15
  • Pie 5

14 minutes ago, pantherking15 said:

You keep repeating this point without backing it up. So, missing one player Mathieu makes their defense depleted? Didn't they annihilate the Packers and hold them to 8 points with that "depleted" defense?

By your logic, the Panthers defense was "depleted" as well, missing Tillman, Benwikere, Jared Allen, and Thomas Davis for a half. But yet, they held the #1 yards/game offense to 15 points.

I'd argue the Steelers were much more "depleted": missing the best WR (who had 186 yards/2 TDs vs the Broncos), missing Bell and Williams at RB. When Steelers had Brown and Williams, they put up 34 on the Broncos.

When the facts don't fit his narrative,  he changes facts. lol

• Pie 1

Not getting the denver hate, especially not expecting a blowout but a confident win.  

there defense is good and will be one of the best we've faced, if we can run the ball and get 1v1 situations with there lb trevathan our offense will be able to move the ball.

This game will come down to our defense vs there offense, which in denver's case we match up extremely well. DT while a good wr,isn't near as good as wr norman has faced all year, sanders is by far the best wr on the roster this year IMO and he needs to be watched at ALL times, who ever is covering him needs to have safety help, meanwhile we have a very favorable match-up with Luke vs Owens/Davis, and of course we have to shutdown there run. Sanders and there run game is the only two ways i can see denver moving the ball

24-10 Final Panthers Victory

Did you guys know we're being compared to the Chiefs?

We need an honest appraisal about who we are going to face in 50.

Offensively: this team has a pretty big imbalance run vs pass. first in league in rushing attempts, 27th in league in passing attempts. 

That being said, how did they do when they ran or passed? On the ground, they average 4.3 ypc - good for 10th in the league. In the air, they had a NY/A of 6.7 - good for 8th. As far as turnover avoidance, they were 10th.

Taken as a whole, this is a good offense - not a great one, just a good one. So, how did they lead the league in scoring? Two things: (1) their defense led the league in turnovers and defensive TD's. Along with this came the Panthers were second in the league in average field position. They had a lot of short fields to work with. (2) the Panthers led the league in red-zone scoring percentage. That's what having a stout running game can give you, but more importantly, Cam Newton is fantastic at the stripe.

Bottom line - this offense is not an unstoppable force. They benefited from a opportunistic defense to put up points. In terms of yards, this offense is not as good as the Steelers, Patriots, or even the Chargers. In terms of running attack (YPA), they aren't as good as the Vikings, Chiefs, or even Steelers.

looking at the stats, you know who they resemble the closest? the Chiefs. Panthers are the KC Chiefs with a competent coach and a QB who will throw the ball down-field.

I'll leave it to the football strategists to figure out how to stop them, but seeing how inbalanced they really are, and seeing what Wade did to the Patriots (an equally unbalanced team), I'm sure Wade will figure out what to do. 

Defensively, the Panthers were 6th in scoring and yards. They were actually tied with the Broncos with the NFL lead in pass defense (6.2 Y/A), and 9th in run defense (3.9 Y/A). Like I said above, they led the league in generating turnovers. This is what concerns me the most. This is a quality defense - probably the best and most rounded one the Broncos have faced. The Broncos haven't played any other team that was top 10 in rushing D and pass D.

Individually, they have a DT with 11 sacks, the best cover MLB in the game, and one of the best CB's in the game. This team has talented players at all levels.

OMG!!!!! The Broncos board is insufferable. 

"Our schedule was tougher than the Panthers, yay!! we win the Super Bowl!!!"   or  "The Panthers have not played a defense like ours, our defense is a historically great D!!!"

I mean I could respect them if they would say that they think the Broncos are a better team than the Panthers and they believe they'll win because........

But they throw out every reason except for Xs and Os to justify confidence in a victory. Truly mind numbing.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PandaPancake said:

Did you guys know we're being compared to the Chiefs?

Good attempt at least.

I find it funny that all these fans are reaching for any hope that they are going to be able to stop us. 

The one factor that keeps coming back to me is how well they did against mobile QBs.  Luck and Smith.  Over 150 yds on the ground.. Not a good sign for the Vaunted Denver Defense.

We have a better running game than both of these teams and our Mobile QB is the MVP.  

I see our front four creating some major havoc.   Johnson and Allen will bring everything they got.  Especially Allen.  KK and Star will clog the middle and our DB are about to feast. 

As long as Cam is smart with the ball and our WR don't do the tip drill thing in the SB.  We might not reach 31.3 points but we will score enough to win.  Our defense will get the turn overs and our short field supremacy will finish off the Broncos.

• Pie 1