• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Broncos Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, tarheels said:

I'm well aware what they lost and they still were considered superior. Youre just basing all your views on being a fan of this team.

what does God have to do with a trivial sports conversation? I can assure you he doesnt care who wins nor will he bless a team in that regard, Aside from player safety.

you just walked into my example...how can the Pats be mediocre when their championship game was closer and tougher than the nfc game? Teams that lead the league in scoring never win super Bowls

Teams that the public bet heavily on never win super Bowls

its not going to be different this time.

Show your work.

I'm well aware what they lost and they still were considered superior. Youre just basing all your views on being a fan of this team.

what does God have to do with a trivial sports conversation? I can assure you he doesnt care who wins nor will he bless a team in that regard, Aside from player safety.

you just walked into my example...how can the Pats be mediocre when their championship game was closer and tougher than the nfc game? Teams that lead the league in scoring never win super Bowls

Teams that the public bet heavily on never win super Bowls

its not going to be different this time.

Lol that's cute.

You're forgetting we also have a legitimate top-5 defense to go along with our top scoring offense. You Bronco fans like to conviently leave that little tid-bit of FACTUAL information out of your "analysis". A defense that isnt far behind the self proclaimed greatest defense of alltime in Denver. A defense that is actually better in a few key statistical areas than Denver's. How is your below average offense going to manifest and sustain any drives. You will need to put up at least 27 points and your defense will have to play their best game of the year to have a shot. It isn't going to happen. 

You can keep talking about your defense all you won't but the real matchup, the one that will actually impact your chances of winning more so will be the success your offense has against a very good defense. The best turnover creating defense in the league. The Panthers have the best linebacker core in the league. Period. Considering Manning's throws come in the middle of the field with short and intermediate routes because of his non-existent deep ball and your sub-par running game I like our chances.

The game might be close, score wise, but it will never really be in doubt. We are a far more superior team. 

You will need us to turn the ball over multiple times and formulate and execute your best game of the year in addition to that to squeak one out. Good luck. 

The Super Bowl was won last week in Charlotte.

• Pie 3

48 minutes ago, PandaPancake said:

Show your work.

do you have a memory?

Rams heavy favorite over Pats

Pats were heavy favorites against NY, twice.

Broncos were heavy Favorites over Seattle

Niners were heavy favorites over Baltimore.

Colts heavy favorites over Saints.

the public bet heavy on the favorites in multiple ways/game,prop bets etc.

I am exaggerating when I say never but that should be understood that the majority of the time and over the last 20 years its been consistent.

17 minutes ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

Lol that's cute.

You're forgetting we also have a legitimate top-5 defense to go along with our top scoring offense. You Bronco fans like to conviently leave that little tid-bit of FACTUAL information out of your "analysis". A defense that isnt far behind the self proclaimed greatest defense of alltime in Denver. A defense that is actually better in a few key statistical areas than Denver's. How is your below average offense going to manifest and sustain any drives. You will need to put up at least 27 points and your defense will have to play their best game of the year to have a shot. It isn't going to happen. 

You can keep talking about your defense all you won't but the real matchup, the one that will actually impact your chances of winning more so will be the success your offense has against a very good defense. The best turnover creating defense in the league. The Panthers have the best linebacker core in the league. Period. Considering Manning's throws come in the middle of the field with short and intermediate routes because of his non-existent deep ball and your sub-par running game I like our chances.

The game might be close, score wise, but it will never really be in doubt. We are a far more superior team. 

You will need us to turn the ball over multiple times and formulate and execute your best game of the year in addition to that to squeak one out. Good luck. 

The Super Bowl was won last week in Charlotte.

there is know "you broncos fans" here. I'm not a Broncos fan and dont care who wins.I know the players dont give a damn about the fans. Theres no point in having a favorite team and saying "we" and "us"

again,the Carolina defense only looks good from playing in a horrible division and the AFC south.

50 minutes ago, tarheels said:

there is know "you broncos fans" here. I'm not a Broncos fan and dont care who wins.I know the players dont give a damn about the fans. Theres no point in having a favorite team and saying "we" and "us"

again,the Carolina defense only looks good from playing in a horrible division and the AFC south.

If you are not a Broncos fan, then you are just a condescending argumentative little bitch....got it 

• Pie 7

I am exaggerating when I say never but that should be understood that the majority of the time and over the last 20 years its been consistent.

Huh. We must have different sources. My research shows that the betting favorite won 11 times in the past 20 years. Which is more than half. Here's the favored teams who have won since 1999 (17 years):

Super Bowl    Matchup                             Betting Fav    Winner
XLV    2011    Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh    Green Bay     Green Bay 
XLIII    2009    Pittsburgh vs. Arizona        Pittsburgh    Pittsburgh
XLI    2007    Indianapolis vs. Chicago    Indianapolis     Indianapolis 
XL    2006    Pittsburgh vs. Seattle        Pittsburgh    Pittsburgh 
XXXIX    2005    New England vs. Philadelphia    New England     New England 
XXXVIII    2004    New England vs. Carolina    New England     New England
XXXV    2001    Baltimore vs. N.Y. Giants    Baltimore     Baltimore
XXXIV    2000    St. Louis vs. Tennessee        St. Louis    St. Louis
XXXIII    1999    Denver vs. Atlanta        Denver         Denver 

• Pie 3

I'm not a Broncos fan

But you are a troll. Something is wrong with you since you enjoy trying to piss people off and yet you say you're not even a Broncos fan. Guess that makes you an anti Panther fan. 

Yeah it's not like we beat Seattle twice, or held the vaunted Cardinals offense to 2 scores while winning by 34. 

I hope you get your unhappy little life together and find something positive to do with your time. Wallowing in negativity for fun is pathetic. 

3 hours ago, tarheels said:

Actually the Denver defense looks better yardage wise from playing teams ranked lower on average than the teams the Panthers played.  Scoring wise we faced on average similar opponents, and that shows with only an 8 point differential there.  

Source:  

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, pantherking15 said:

It's #1 in yards allowed. Points per game is a better indicator. By your logic, the Seahawks should have given us fits, but they didn't. The Seahawks were ranked #1 in ppg defense, Denver's 4th. The Seahawks ranked #1 in run defense, Denver's 3rd. The Panthers offense scored 24 points in the 1st half before going into run the clock conservative mode, which Rivera learned from and changed in the Cardinals game. Our deceptive running game will give the Broncos over-aggressive defense fits, neutralizing their pass rush and setting up some nice play-action downfield. The Broncos are not built to handle our offense, they're built for high volume passing offenses like the Patriots.

I understand your logic. But at the saime time Wade phillips is one of the best DC's if not the best in the NFL. He will have a plan. But so will we. Thats why I say we play a defensive game. Not any doubts in the Panthers. But more respect for the Broncos defense and Wade Phillips.

8 hours ago, tarheels said:

Teams that lead the league in scoring never win super Bowls

Yes, pass heavy offenses with okay defenses have had issues winning it all.

Carolina is a defensive, running football team....that has lead the NFL in scoring.   That makes them legitimately unique.  They aren't one of these high flying pass offenses that gets bullied around at the end and has no counter punch.  

When was the last time a team that ran the majority of the time led the NFL in scoring.  You pretty much can throw that logic out the window.

we aren't some high flying pass O like Denver was that had no answer to a physical Seattle team.  We are the physical Seattle team only we score at an alarmingly high rate based on what rushing teams generally do

• Pie 3

The 1999 Rams won the Super Bowl with the number one Scoring offense..

and I can find more recent examples of a team winning the SB with a better offense/overall team, but it'll be a waste.

@tarheels, I really hope you come back to the huddle after we win the Super Bowl to tell us how weak the whole NFL was or w/e excuse you can come up with.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, tarheels said:

I don't think you are a Bronco fan.  Sound more like a bitter fan of a team we already beat in the NFC that is already sitting at home.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, Crazydounut said:

I understand your logic. But at the saime time Wade phillips is one of the best DC's if not the best in the NFL. He will have a plan. But so will we. Thats why I say we play a defensive game. Not any doubts in the Panthers. But more respect for the Broncos defense and Wade Phillips.

It's more that Wade Phillips current defense is built and schemed to handle statue pocket passers in a high volume passing offense and just a complementary running game. We're the complete opposite. We're a smashmouth offense (with the 2nd best O-line by PFF) predicated on a deceptive running game to set up the play action pass. Broncos shutting down Brady but allowing Luck to put up 27 and Ben R. to put up 34 on the Broncos is evidence of that. The Broncos only played 2 top 10 rushing offenses and got gashed by both. I'm confident we're going to counter their over-aggressive scheme with our running game. The media is doing their best to hype up the Broncos defense. It's really good but maybe equal if not slightly better than the Seahawks. Playing against the Seahawks has prepared the offense to play vs the Broncos defense.

I don't think it will be a low scoring slugfest because our offense is so dynamic and is clicking right now. But, even if it is, we still have an excellent chance to pull away because their offense vs our defense is a huge mismatch. Our interior pressure will give a 39 year old Manning all sorts of problems. In a slugfest, the Broncos defense would wear down with our punishing running game and TOP advantage in the 2nd half, allowing us to pull away.

Edited by pantherking15
  • Pie 4