• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Broncos Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, tarheels said:

Broncos are 3rd against the run

That might be the most misleading stat headed into SB50. Denver's defense sucked when it went against a top rushing offense. KC x2, Minny combined had 363 yards in 3 games. When they played Minny, another physical rushing attack they got gashed by AP.

On top of that, they were fairly awful containing athletic Qb's. 

A. Smith 9 for 48 yards

A. Luck 6 for 34 yards

T. Bridgewater 3 for 23 yards

None of those are even close to Cam and his rushing ability.

Toping that off and adding a stat I posted earlier, the Panther's rushing attack thrives against 3-4 defenses to the tune of 151 yards per game. 

Edited by carpanfan96

43 minutes ago, tarheels said:

Broncos are 3rd against the run

Seahawks were 1st in run defense when we played them in the divisional round. Panthers ran for 144 yards. Our running game is non-traditional. It's extremely unique, multidimensional, and dynamic. Coupled with the 6th ranked run blocking (per PFF) and the threat of Cam's downfield strikes, we can impose our will with our smashmouth running game on anyone, including Denver. 

Denver has only faced 2 top 10 rushing teams and got gashed by both: 113 rushing yards give up vs Vikings and 140, 102 rushing yards in 2 games vs Chiefs.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 15 said:

And gave up almost 400 yards to the chiefs and vikings. Our zone read run game is designed to destroy 3-4 defenses like Denver. When are you going to give up?

1 hour ago, MadHatter said:

Until they played Top 10 run games...and gave up 150 yards a game in those 3 games.  You FAIL yet again.

3rd against the run is still 3rd against the run.

interesting.. I point out the Panthers weak schedule and you say thats invalid, a win is a win.

I point out Denvers run stopping defense and you cherry pick a couple games to say its not true.

so basically everything the Panthers do well is their advantage and everything the Broncos do well fits right into panthers advantage? interesting bias

45 minutes ago, pantherking15 said:

Seahawks were 1st in run defense when we played them in the divisional round. Panthers ran for 144 yards. Our running game is non-traditional. It's extremely unique, multidimensional, and dynamic. Coupled with the 6th ranked run blocking (per PFF) and the threat of Cam's downfield strikes, we can impose our will with our smashmouth running game on anyone, including Denver. 

Denver has only faced 2 top 10 rushing teams and got gashed by both: 113 rushing yards give up vs Vikings and 140, 102 rushing yards in 2 games vs Chiefs.

sometimes an RB runs forward,sometimes the QB runs forward.

innovative...

6 hours ago, Kuechly59 said:

The Broncos were 2 point favorites jackass.

that everyone assumed and believed would win.

jack ass? lol why are you insulting me over  a game that neither of our lives have anything to do with?

who/what are you defending? some pretend bond with players that dont care about you?

5 minutes ago, tarheels said:

interesting.. I point out the Panthers weak schedule and you say thats invalid, a win is a win.

I point out Denvers run stopping defense and you cherry pick a couple games to say its not true.

so basically everything the Panthers do well is their advantage and everything the Broncos do well fits right into panthers advantage? interesting bias

You know deep down the the Broncos are going to get rolled.  You state a rush avg stat and then get embarrassed when you are shown the star to be a weak Arguement.  The Denver run defense got exposed EVERY time they played a good run team...that is a fact Corky.

Just stop and go to bed...you are embarrassing yourself.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, tarheels said:

that everyone assumed and believed would win.

jack ass? lol why are you insulting me over  a game that neither of our lives have anything to do with?

who/what are you defending? some pretend bond with players that dont care about you?

He called you a jackass because you are a dimwited jackass....has nothing to do with the game really.  It has to do with the shallow gene pool from which you hatched.

Edited by MadHatter
  • Pie 2

42 minutes ago, tarheels said:

sometimes an RB runs forward,sometimes the QB runs forward.

innovative...

What an underestimating statement. The point is that the defense doesn't know who has the football and that makes them hesitate. Plus, they have to account for one of the best running QBs in the history of the NFL.

56b291f8eb10e_Vid1.gif.34fa9953fff300ae7

56b2907a48bb2_Vid1.gif.8ea6831da0a151825

This was against the #6 run defense by the way.

Responding " sometimes an RB runs forward,sometimes the QB runs forward" to those videos sounds idiotic.

"The first thing that jumps out when you watch Carolina is how diverse the Panthers' run game is. A lot of it is a small selection of concepts (inside zone, power, and counter) with different wrinkles that don't really affect the offensive line (inverted veer is blocked like QB power, but there's a jet sweep read attached; they'll block inside zone, butCam Newton will have a triple option). But even acknowledging that they have a few base plays, they still break out enough plays outside of those concepts (I saw trap and a buck sweep that immediately come to mind) that you have a lot to prepare for. And that's just what they ran in one game where they were up by three scores from about the second quarter on."

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2016/word-muth-panthers-run-game

There's a reason we have rushed for 100+ yards in like 30 straight games. 

Edited by pantherking15
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, tarheels said:

You pick and choose facts to fit your nice little convenient narrative. If something doesn't fit, you ignore it or change the topic lol.

Why do you purposely choose to ignore our 31-0 thrashing of the Seahawks (before we went conservative burn the clock mode) and our 49-15 thrashing of the Cardinals (when we stayed aggressive). Who cares about the regular season, even if you think we had a weak schedule. The most recent games against the best competition (2 teams who are probably better than the Broncos) are better examples to analyze.

• Pie 1