• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fifty-two Men and a Thousand Faces: Completing the Hero's Journey of the 2015 Carolina Panthers

PhillyB

Dude... Philly..... Dude......... Mufuggin Philly..... How? Troll2 AND Rescuers?? Where do you come up with this, I mean how??#%*?? AND make it fit like a glove....

Fuggin amazes me, overly diversified sources, pinpoint association, passive education, and, at the same time, an ennobling call to arms.... 

Man, thank you, you straight deliver.....

Honorable Mention -pstall for "linguistic bukkake".....

• Pie 5

@PhillyB Wonderful write up! Your description of The Hero with a Thousand Faces reminds me of a book I bought at a used book sale in college, Atlantis The Antediluvian World. Originally written in 1882 by Ignatius Donnelly, I had the 1949 edited & updated version lol. It looked at all the myths & legends & religious affirmations of the stories of the Great Flood & Atlantis. All religions have the tale. I should read it again some day to see how viewpoints have changed since 1949.

A quick note. I had stopped doing this because I didn't want anyone to think I was a grammar/spelling nazi. They just jump out at me. I can leave most things go but I thought with this, your before Super Bowl (take that NFL!) piece, you may want to correct this. 

5 hours ago, PhillyB said:

5) Belly of the Whale. The hero lives leaves his world behind for good

Only thing that slapped me cold. Well, except "the ability to self-reflect" when I stopped to think that would be a very good thing if more people took the time to do it. :)

@Montsta This should be stickied, please. Too much (duplicates galore) rolling in to keep the good stuff on the front page. Thank you!!

Edited by GRWatcher
  • Pie 2

10 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Philly, I love you brother... But ain't no way them dirty horses put up 20 on the legion of whom. And ain't no way we give up a defensive TD to them, or special teams.

I was gonna say, 'do we have to let 'em get 20?' I'd be OK with 31, but I like 31-13 better. It's a number swap and has a nice ring to it.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Frodo was being chased by Black fuging Riders and thinking Gandalf was going to find them any second now.

Do you still play LOTRO bro? I started back a couple months ago and try to play a few times a week.

Good stuff, PhillyB

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, PhillyB said:

Frodo bounded joyfully out of the Shire

My nerddom is showing, but that was Bilbo. Frodo was actually very reluctant to leave the Shire.

EDIT: Ahh, I see my fellow nerds beat me to it. Damn, we're a enlightened lot, aren't we? ;)

Edited by fieryprophet
  • Pie 1