• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better know a prospect - Kevin Dodd

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Many people said that in the Shaq Thompson topic last year. 

I think it is a given that any player could be gone at any pick. It really doesn't need to be said in every single draft thread. 

I stopped thinking people wouldn't fall to us the year Star fell to us.

6 hours ago, Fox007 said:

If Dodd is there at 30 then Dave will literally evolve powers and teleport to the draft and hand it in live and in person....only thing that could be better is if Lawson himself fell that far.

I'm actually not a big fan of Lawson 

as much as I like the guy, 1st round your gonna want a player that will make an immediate impact.  Not sure a late round DE could do that.  Carolina has been using bandaids each year for the secondary I think they go CB to groom for a year for insurance in case a deal isnt worked out with norman after hes tagged this season.

6 hours ago, chknwing said:

as much as I like the guy, 1st round your gonna want a player that will make an immediate impact.  Not sure a late round DE could do that.  Carolina has been using bandaids each year for the secondary I think they go CB to groom for a year for insurance in case a deal isnt worked out with norman after hes tagged this season.

If you want an immediate impact  then picking a CB to groom doesn't fill that requirement.

Edited by csx

12 hours ago, d-dave said:

I think the bold part of your quote is the most important.  Last year, he moved up for Funchess, because he knew he wanted him rather than some late round dudes.  The experts said he over drafted Shaq.  Gettleman will get who he wants, regardless.  I think that this year will be no different.  He's going to play the FA game the best he can so he can get the best football players.  If we only end up drafting 3-4 guys, but they contribute in one way or another, isn't that a lot better than drafting 8 players who may not make the field?

I don't think folks forget this. I just think they get ideas in their heads and want their own theories to work out. Gman fills out the bottom of the roster with those cheaper FAs, then uses the draft to fill in the top of the roster with, hopefully, talented young guys. It has worked well for him, and us fans, for two years.

That said. This is the first year he actually has a few dollars to play with. We may get a different look at the Gman this year. Will he stick with what got him here? Or will he make a splash or two? The ONLY thing I do know. He will do what he thinks is best to make this team better. And that my friends, is all we can ask.

If Gman can improve this team again this off-season. We WILL be a team to contend with for a long time.

• Pie 2