• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better know a prospect - Kevin Dodd

Jeremy Igo

On 2/17/2016 at 5:00 AM, Nicbsbll2 said:

My only issue with him is that he was "the other guy" along the Clemson line. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen a player that was opposite of a star on their line to go somewhere else and not be able to produce. 

Someone may have said this (didn't read through all the pages) but Michael Sam was technically the star of the Missouri line and Ealy looks promising!

I think Dodd's draft fate is going to rest heavily on the numbers he puts up at the combine.  If he shows elite athleticism he's certain to be a first round pick.  I think teams are increasingly paying more attention to athletic profiles / explosiveness measures at the DE/EDGE spot (and it makes a lot of sense).

Kony did not have elite explosiveness, and that's why he fell to us in the second round.

6 hours ago, uscgamecocks said:

I think Dodd's draft fate is going to rest heavily on the numbers he puts up at the combine.  If he shows elite athleticism he's certain to be a first round pick.  I think teams are increasingly paying more attention to athletic profiles / explosiveness measures at the DE/EDGE spot (and it makes a lot of sense).

Kony did not have elite explosiveness, and that's why he fell to us in the second round.

Most of what they talked about pre-draft was how quick/powerful he was.  He's also shown, during his time here, that he's very explosive off the line.  I don't think that's why he fell.  He only started 24-26 games at DE.  I think it was more his inexperience at the position.

Pass rush is an issue that must be addressed. Picking at 30 it just depends who is available when we pick. Dobbs sounds like an interesting prospect who could help. OT or CB/safety will be possible selections too. Gettleman could surprise us and take a WR with return ability but I don't it.