• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Copa America Centenario

DirtyMagic97

Only negatives really are Zardes terrible first touch and lack of decisiveness in the final 3rd. Extremely pleased with the result and the aggressive attacking style. The passing during the buildup is a lot more fluid and less negative than we usually play. Loving it.

13 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

Only negatives really are Zardes terrible first touch and lack of decisiveness in the final 3rd. Extremely pleased with the result and the aggressive attacking style. The passing during the buildup is a lot more fluid and less negative than we usually play. Loving it.

It was ridiculous how much space Dempsey and Co. had in the middle of the field. The old guard was outstanding, back four solid, and the final 3rd showed their inexperience.

Sucks the game was out of reach so JK elected to have the end of the bench log minutes because I wanted to see a fresh Nagbe and Pulisic feast on the CR defense, but at that point there's no sense in risking injury to those two.

Chile 2:1 Bolivia

To call that match insane is an understatement.  For those that missed it, Chile has countless opportunities through the first ninety minutes while Bolivia really only really had one.  Tied at the half, Vidal opened the scoring in the forty-sixth minute, only to have Bolivia tie it on a free kick that is probably the goal of the tournament to this point.

Just before stoppage time a Bolivian player took a bicycle kick to the head and was down for several minutes, totally dazed.  Bolivia was out of subs and the player actually came back on moment after leaving.  This will likely be a story and FIFA's concussion protocol will be questioned.

There were eight minutes of stoppage time, near the end of it Chile was awarded a penalty on a handball.  During the aftermath of the call, two Bolivian players were carded for dissent.

Vidal put away the penalty in a 100th minute and the Chileans were then caught off-guard as Bolivia created their best chance of the match, a shot inside the box that was just wide.  102 total minutes.

Crazy

6 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

I couldn't believe they let him re-enter play after taking him off for like 15 seconds. Actually glad Bolivia lost mainly due to that.

I was rooting against them as well, simply because they did not even try to score until the 101', plus Chile and Uruguay are the only two good South American sides that I do not dislike.  The latter is out so once USA is ousted I will have to root for the former.  Plus they have Vidal.

I am not sure what the answer is on the concussion thing but they need to do something.  The way FIFA only allows three subs and no re-entry complicates things.  No excuse to put a player at risk like that though.  The rest of the world is definitely not where America is on this issue, of course I doubt we would be where we are if not for footbal.

Archived