• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Mock Draft Rounds 1 - 3

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Pretty bleh.

I'm fine with Dickson. Plus, Hunter is projected to go anywhere from Round 2 to Round 3. Too deep of a draft to select a #2 TE in the 1st Round.

I'm more than okay with Lawson in the 2nd but isn't he valued more than Dodd? Every mock draft several months ago had him pegged as a Top 20 pick? What happened? Combine?

Didn't Dickson get graded the worst TE in the league last year or something? How the hell are you fine with Dickson?

5 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Also think about with a DT in the 1st that means you have him locked in for 5 years. Sign Short to a 4 year deal at age 27 or 28 and ends when he's 31 or 32, just in time for the 1st rounders contract when Shorts ends.

And the other half of that is; Grab a top DT this year in case we lose Short in 2 years. Short just may out price us by the time it comes to resign him. He may want up to 4mil more than we can offer. We offer 9-10, but he wants top DT money of 14. We draft his replacement this year, we are still in the running.

3 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Because Dickson played 'okay' on tape. Yeah, he dropped a few passes but he also made a couple big ones too. I'll take it over wasting a first round pick on a guy who could be there when we pick again.

----------

Upon reading about Lawson, we may not take him after all. Apparently he's been playing with a 'separated' shoulder since 2013 and needs to play with a brace that limits his arm range and motion.

We could get a TE in the 2nd or 3rd and still upgrade Dickson, and help out the Offense as well. I don't see a TE in the 1st as a good pick. I really am hoping we go D-line in the 1st.

Also, we do have Simonson waiting in the wings. Although I ain't sure how RR and Co. actually feel about him?

If that is true about Lawson? Why has it not been taken care of by now? I mean, Clemson is big time. They could have taken care of it last year. Just makes me wonder what the deal is? How do you rate a player who plays with a brace? Where are you comfortable drafting him? And do you think he can play as a rookie, then address it next off-season? Lots of question for a 1st rounder.

How many early round TE's have panned out in the past few years. I can't think of many. I can recall a number of TE busts (at least relative to value).

To the guy who wants to upgrade RT, I'm with you. At this point, the biggest needs are RT and nickle corner.

7 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Because Dickson played 'okay' on tape. Yeah, he dropped a few passes but he also made a couple big ones too. I'll take it over wasting a first round pick on a guy who could be there when we pick again.

----------

Upon reading about Lawson, we may not take him after all. Apparently he's been playing with a 'separated' shoulder since 2013 and needs to play with a brace that limits his arm range and motion.

The shoulder speration or dislocation worries me somewhat. I dislocated mine 10 years ago and there are times when my shoulder takes a jarring impact and I immediately lose some feeling in my hand and my arm drops. Sometimes those injuries just don't heal properly.

Am I missing something with Lawson cause ya'll are talking crazy? 

I'm a tiger fan and watched every second he's played in college.  He's going to be a top 15 pick, maybe top 10.  That medical check was requested from one team.  All other teams cleared him.  His shoulder is fine.  In a way I hope it was the Panthers that flagged it to play some head games.  Anything can happen and I am by no means an expert but I would be shocked to see Shaq not drafted in the first round.  It's just not going to happen. I don't even see any way he'd fall all the way to us in the 1st round. 

I would love to have him.  I've been telling a buddy all along that he plays and reminds me a ton of Charles Johnson but Shaq might have more quickness.