• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Mock Draft Rounds 1 - 3

Jeremy Igo

the fact at 30 there is a chance at drafting Hunter .. Should be a reality check for you.. Ebron was a top 10 pick ... Nobody at 30 had a chance to even consider drafting him.. Think about that before posting Pawned or drafting grades from 2 different drafts..lol

Here is my 3rd mock

1)  Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson  - As far as Gman kepts telling us BPA, I still do not believe him and I believe he still drafts for Need w/ BPA in mind. I wanted  Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana   but I can't bring myself to picking him. Plus, Dodd is a perfect replacement for Big Money long term. 

2)  Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh  - This pick is incredible tough, as there are many offense players that could be had on this pick. From  Hunter Henry,  Derrick Henry, or your flavor of Slot WRs. This pick will depend on the Panthers brass of talent positions. There is a possibility of a DT, but I think Cam will get some help with this pick. The possiblity of moving up on this pick is in play, but I'm starting to think that might happen in the first rd.

3)  Sheldon Day, DL, Notre Dame  - 

Edited by Panic

33 minutes ago, Panic said:

Here is my 3rd mock

1)  Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson  - As far as Gman kepts telling us BPA, I still do not believe him and I believe he still drafts for Need w/ BPA in mind. I wanted  Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana   but I can't bring myself to picking him. Plus, Dodd is a perfect replacement for Big Money long term. 

2)  Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh  - This pick is incredible tough, as there are many offense players that could be had on this pick. From  Hunter Henry,  Derrick Henry, or your flavor of Slot WRs. This pick will depend on the Panthers brass of talent positions. There is a possibility of a DT, but I think Cam will get some help with this pick. The possiblity of moving up on this pick is in play, but I'm starting to think that might happen in the first rd.

3)  Sheldon Day, DL, Notre Dame  - 

Other then the WR'S I like your draft better..

10 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Pawned? What are you, 9?

You talk like a pre-teen. At any rate, who cares if he came from the SEC. It's the most overrated conference in college football. There's been more busts from SEC than any other conference in the last five years, especially in the first round.

Again, he's average. Perhaps slightly above average but he's not first round worthy. This is the weakest TE talent pool in quite some time and you want to draft a guy who doesn't even stand above his peers from that class because he played for the SEC and did not drop a pass all season long?

Ha!

when I talk about SEC im talking about defense, and no its not overrated who are the national champs? Are you  ACC fan dont lie? 

44 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

the fact at 30 there is a chance at drafting Hunter .. Should be a reality check for you.. Ebron was a top 10 pick ... Nobody at 30 had a chance to even consider drafting him.. Think about that before posting Pawned or drafting grades from 2 different drafts..lol

Ok caption hero, Not all top picks pan out  where there drafted & IMO Ebron hasn't produced  what  a top 10 pick should. He is kind of smiliar to Olsen maybe not a better athlete, but makes it ups in run blocking wasn't Greg Olsen like 31st pick. I am basing my argument based on the eye test & measureables. Another good example is Kawaan Short, If we do get him in the 31st pick or 2nd round it just means we got the better value for our pick. 

qrkx5messu0hweahnzr6.png

17 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Ok caption hero, Not all top picks pan out  where there drafted & IMO Ebron hasn't produced  what  a top 10 pick should. He is kind of smiliar to Olsen maybe not a better athlete, but makes it ups in run blocking wasn't Greg Olsen like 31st pick. I am basing my argument based on the eye test & measureables. Another good example is Kawaan Short, If we do get him in the 31st pick or 2nd round it just means we got the better value for our pick. 

qrkx5messu0hweahnzr6.png

We were talking about as draft prospects.. So ..... You bringing up anything other is a little off..

Just now, The_Rainmaker said:

And all draft prospect are kind of compared to players in the NFL. 

No ... let me type this slowly ...

I said Ebron was a better draft prospect you disagreed and did the pre teen ownege..Thing..

Ebron was a top 10 pick.. Hunter won't be close to that..  You are wrong. 

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No ... let me type this slowly ...

I said Ebron was a better draft prospect you disagreed and did the pre teen ownege..Thing..

Ebron was a top 10 pick.. Hunter won't be close to that..  You are wrong. 

He was a better draft prospect because team overreached him & his  production shows that. Far as prospect rating its near identical. 

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 8.10.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 6.07.03 PM.png

53 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

He was a better draft prospect because team overreached him & his  production shows that. Far as prospect rating its near identical. 

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 8.10.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 6.07.03 PM.png

And nobody is looking to overreach for Hunter.. Plus it's hard to overreach when most draft analyst had him as a top 15 pick.. Again Nobody has Hunter as a top 15 pick.. please stop posting these stupid draft grades .. They change every year and if we actual compare .. Some of these stiffs have the same grade as HOFs.. Stop trying to use a this as your argument.. Basic facts.. 1 was considered a top 15 pick 1 isn't.. You're wrong..

"" style="border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

QB5

BLAINE GABBERT

QB  MISSOURI

Photo of Blaine Gabbert

fb-like.png
share-button.png

GRADE
8.49?
  • 4.62 SEC
    Top Performer
  • 33.5 INCH
  • 120.0 INCH
    Top Performer
  • 6.84 SEC
    Top Performer
  • 4.26 SEC
BLUE STAR  =  TOP PERFORMER
  • 6'4"HEIGHT
  • 33"ARM LENGTH
  • 234LBS.WEIGHT
  • 10"HANDS

OVERVIEW

Gabbert has it all physically, but has a long way to go before he's ready to lead an NFL offense. He played in a spread offense and will have to learn to take snaps under center and make progressions in the pocket. However, he is a smart football player that seems to understand coverages and he has the arm strength to fit the ball into tight windows. He is also very mobile and elusive in the pocket and shows the ability to make plays with his feet. Overall, Gabbert's tools will be too alluring for a team without a quarterback, and he will likely be a top-10 pick, maybe even the first QB off the board.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Gabbert has prototypical size and excellent speed for the position. Shows the ability to make the right pre-snap reads. Possesses a quick release and has the arm strength to make all the throws. Well-balanced passer that rarely misses on short-to-intermediate throws. Extremely mobile to extend plays and fast enough to move the chains. Vocal leader and hard worker.

WEAKNESSES

Trusts his arm too much and puts the ball in harm's way too often. Does not show good touch on passes over the middle and needs to learn to take a little velocity off certain throws. Struggles to throw an accurate deep ball. Late feeling pressure at times which neutralizes his very good mobility. Will need to learn a pro style offense.

8 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Yes, it's overrated. Deal with it.

You still didnt answer the question, I beleive your the one who needs to deal with fact that SEC is a pretty darn good conference , everyconferene has busted players time to time but there is nothing overrated about the SEC.

JyObZQv.jpg