• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Josh Norman holdout looming?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, ctrcat said:

Exactly and why GMan needs to know just as much about the Jalen Ramsey's and Joey Bosa's as he does about the Kevin Dodd's and Derrick Henry's.  I trust he does.

Oh, he absolutely does.  We know from past drafts that he does due diligence on every pick from number one on down.

7 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

If YOUR gonna be the grammar police in a forum were have the people are half assing more power to you.

Dude.... like dude.. seriously. You just attempted to call out a guy for being grammar police with one of the worst grammatical sentences I've seen in a while. Like it's painful to read. 

Think about others before you post. Type it out and maybe re-read it? I don't know your age or intelligence but every post you make your stock is plummeting. I'd like to say I understand your point.. but I don't. The whole 'it's just a forum, who cares if I type like a child'..  well we care. It's painful to others. 

-Signed:  Concerned Adult. 

-P.S. see my cursor jumped and tossed a few letters out of place. I noticed it and corrected to save anyone else from having an aneurysm. 

Edited by G()AT

Norman thinks he is the best CB in football. In fact the world. He said this during and interview as stated in other posts. Hope his ego and reality don't clash here. D.G isn't about to do this dance with Norman. Either be realistic or move on. 

Am I the only one getting a Greg Hardy vibe from this tag? I'm not saying Josh is a bad dude or anything. Its just seeing him all over TV after 1 great season, the whole kissing Peytons ass thing and doing his best self marketing routine, like when he went seeking out the TV pundits after the Arizona win I think it was. I bet he is starting to grate on some other players nerves with his attention seeking. And the whole Batman and elevator gag thing on ESPN just made him come off like a weird dude. I wonder if Gman is hoping someone bites on a trade for him so that A) He can avoid paying a 29 year old guy 14 MM a season and B) resign his own draft picks in Star and KK while C) getting more draft picks that will help create more cap space. Gman just made a comment about possibly having to let your own graduate, a hint we may have to let some good players walk. We just gave Star the 5th year option so we know he isnt leaving. No way does he let KK walk. Charles has already commited and weve already extended Cam, Luke, Greg and TD will retire a Panther. Turner and Norwell are the only other guys really worth worrying about. Those comments by Gman really seemed eerily directed at Josh. However, Josh could just sign the damn tender, so he's obviously wanted for at least 1 more year. I think Normans about as highly rated as he'll ever get. It wouldn't be the worst thing if we got some value from him while his iron is hot so to speak.

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

If it happens, it may not necessarily be this year's draft.

They have up to July 15th to work something out before it becomes 'this deal or nothing'.  The Raiders could possibly put off signing a deal until after the draft so that they don't have to give up any picks until next year, with the hope for them being that next year's picks will be lower.

Mind you, that could backfire and they could actually wind up giving away an even higher pick instead, but teams tend to bet on themselves (same as players do).

I think (not 100% certain, but pretty sure) that there is a cutoff date for signing other teams FA's.  And if I'm remembering correctly, it is usually about a week before the draft.  So, if I'm correct, then any compensation will be for this draft unless otherwise negotiated.

Edited by Woodie

18 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

I would say trade Josh but then who would be our CB

Obviously we'd take a CB high.  But look at the 2013 Jets, they get rid of Revis, draft a bust at CB in Milliner, and their D STILL vastly improved because they used the Revis pick on Sheldon Richardson.

Edited by ctrcat

Still think he's got to feel slighted by what the team offered him the past two offseasons. 

The team's offer if I understand correctly hasn't gone up that much from the 4 year 30 million they offered him last off season. 36 over 4, while Josh's agent is looking at between 14.3 and 15 a season.

Signing K.Short to a long-term deal is more important than signing J. Norman to a long-term deal.  

Josh had 1 very good season.....but he also plays on a consistently top ranked defense, and with some of the best LB's in the game (Luke & Thomas).  He should get paid, but what he is reportedly expecting to be paid ($14M per year!) is greatly over-valued for what the Panthers will pay for a CB.  I hope they trade him, and collect draft picks.  Other than Chris Gamble (who was arguably the best Panther CB of all time), the Panthers have historically only had 'average CB's' on some of their best teams.  With the right front 7, the Panthers have proven that a 'shut-down corner' is a luxury, but not needed to win.

• Pie 1

I really do believe Norman will be traded.  He's spending a lot of time marketing himself and we all know G-Man isn't going to give him the money he wants.  Thank Norman for his services and then show him the door.  Use that extra first round pick to draft Eli Apple, then pick Harlan Miller in the 3rd.  Sign a team friendly deal for a vet corner for a year or two to educate the rookies.  Hall and Cromartie are the only two decent vets left.  I could see the vet signing and Bene be our starters, and the two rookies as rotational guys.  Maybe let McClain and Trenton Robinson fight it out for the nickle spot.  Go ahead and draft a SS too and just replenish that secondary with some youth.  Build for the future, bro.