• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers will target offense in round one

Jeremy Igo

Not a fan of Derrick Henry in the first. His offensive line gave him holes you could drive a buick through. My grandma would have more than 5 yards per carry with that line.

I'd love a double dip of either Hunter Henry in the first and Sterling Shepard or Pharoh Cooper in the second.

Or...Corey Coleman in the first if hes there and Derrick Henry in the second if Henry is gone.

1 minute ago, nctarheel0619 said:

If he did, it wasn't often.  Hell, they had Roman Harper on TE's this year sometimes, and they started Colin Jones over him after Bene went out for a bit.  So, since you asked the question, how about you tell me................

He was a rookie, he will see more snaps this year...he really came on at the end of last year!

I did a long write up last year about BPA. Gettleman is keenly aware that a teams needs are always a fluid, evolving change. It's the need vs. BPA dichotomy that constantly requires balance. A few years ago we had Hardy and CJ and had a great defensive end tandem. Hardy leaves and CJ falls off and all of a sudden it became more of a need. Last year, it would seem, CB wasn't a need with a young Benwikere coming off a great rookie campaign and Norman turning into one of the leagues best corners. 

Fast forward a year and Norman is all but out the door and Benwikere wasn't playing like he did even before he got hurt the latter half of the year and CB now doesn't look as good. 

That being said, Gettleman signed Boykin so he could focus on the draft as he likes to do. So yes, Gettleman does seem to like to go after the best player available, with obvious caveats of that player not being at a position where he has no chance to play (QB or MLB being mentioned by Igo specifically). 

Edit: I don't know why the part about Hardy is highlighted?

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Frank Hollywood said:

Not a fan of Derrick Henry in the first. His offensive line gave him holes you could drive a buick through. My grandma would have more than 5 yards per carry with that line.

I'd love a double dip of either Hunter Henry in the first and Sterling Shepard or Pharoh Cooper in the second.

Or...Corey Coleman in the first if hes there and Derrick Henry in the second if Henry is gone.

Coleman's long gone I feel and I feel derrick with our line and toldozer will have plenty of room, he is actually quite shifty contrary to what people think.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Big weakness in 2014 on defense was buffalo nickel. Enter Shaq Thompson, new prototype for Buffalo Nickel. 

which he rarely played- now granted the injury played a role in that but Shaq didn't see significant time till the playoffs (Seattle or Arizona- then obviously more once TD got hurt)

I'm not saying Shaq wasn't a fantastic pick, but "area of great need" is a stretch

Edited by SOJA
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

which he rarely played- now granted the injury played a role in that but Shaq didn't see significant time till the playoffs (Seattle or Arizona- then obviously more once TD got hurt)

I'm not saying Shaq wasn't a fantastic pick, but "area of great need" is a stretch

When he did see playing time he balled tho and now he's got a year under his belt.

'Going BPA' is an anachronism from the Hurney era that people on this board still perceieve to be a shard of ancient knowledge passed down through our ancestors long ago to us as a sliver of hidden wisdom that the rest of the league has never heard of

Just now, Matt62881 said:

When he did see playing time he balled tho and now he's got a year under his belt.

I literally never said Shaq was a bad player. All I said was that last year's first round pick was not "In an area of great need". This has nothing to do with Shaq

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

I literally never said Shaq was a bad player. All I said was that last year's first round pick was not "In an area of great need". This has nothing to do with Shaq

Yea, wouldn't say it was a great need but a great luxury for a formation that we want to use.

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

I think you're missing the point.  Drafting him was not a position of need which Igo stated he was.  It was a future pick.  In essence, Thomas Davis announced his eventual replacement in the draft.  Not a "position of need" pick by any means.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Growl said:

'Going BPA' is an anachronism from the Hurney era that people on this board still perceieve to be a shard of ancient knowledge passed down through our ancestors long ago to us as a sliver of hidden wisdom that the rest of the league has never heard of

Do you even really watch the Panthers?  Hurney never went bpa pendejo.