• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers will target offense in round one

Jeremy Igo

Henry would be a star in the panthers offensive. Its a perfect fit. People was saying Benjamin was slow, drop to many passes, and would be a bust. He worked out perfectly in our system. Sometimes judging someone from a previous player is foolish. I trust our organization about making the right choice.

• Pie 2

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/08/nfl-mock-draft-surprises-sleepers-laremy-tunsil

Doug Farrar - one of my favorite analysts, and one of the few national writers that clearly know the Panthers well - just mocked Derrick Henry to the Panthers.  For reference, he ranks Henry #24 overall. 

"O.K., enemy defenses—deal with this. You have Cam Newton, you have Jonathan Stewart and now, you have the 6' 3", 247-pound Heisman Trophy winner to deal with. That’s a backfield that will dole out a lot of pain, both mentally and physically. Henry is more agile than the average big back, but his primary attribute is his ability to just trash opposing front sevens with his downhill power. This is as perfect a scheme fit as there is in this class, and Henry could elevate himself to the Panthers’ lead dog sooner than later."

• Pie 3

On April 7, 2016 at 7:45 AM, Matt62881 said:

Which of the two henerys do you see falling further into the second giving us a better chance of trading up and nabbing him, I would love both! I really see us trading up a few times in the draft and snagging a small pool of gems.

I think Hunter will be grabbed in the first, dude is a baller and graded well, Derrick has been mocked in the early second.

• Pie 1

I really like the idea of Hunter Henry studying under Olsen.. memories of Shockey/Olsen come to mind from Cam's rookie campaign..

Dickson has been solid for us but outside of the fumble-reach-around-recovery TD in Tampa1 and the side-arm-helmet-sideswipe-stick-um-grab TD in Tampa2 – Dickson hasn't been a big cog to our success by any means..

55 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

We have enough players who can get yards running the ball on the ground 

we don't have enough players that can catch Cam touchdowns .. Cam has a lot more than 35 passing TD's in him, he needs guys who can catch them

What a shame that all we could manage was the number one offense in the league last year.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

What a shame that all we could manage was the number one offense in the league last year.

I think our weakness at WR showed up in a big way in the Super Bowl.  KB will help that but I think we still have a need at slot WR.

Cam is incredible, but that's no reason not to consider every possibility to make him more effective.

The pre draft interviews and workouts point to the front office being most interested in adding talent at WR, S, and DL (by volume of interviews).

It won't be some travesty if we don't add WR talent in the draft - we can be very successful with the guys we've got as last year proved.  But there is space on this offense for giving Cam more playmakers.

Edited by uscgamecocks
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

The best way I can put it is that .. giving Cam the offense as it is now is like putting a governor on a Ferrari

The best way we can put it.....The Falcons did this....the Colts keep doing this.....etc....A balanced, consistent team has a much better shot at a Lombardi than "the greatest show on turf" or the offensive heavy Colts of Manning's younger years.

You build this right, we can be competitive for 10 more years, not become a flash in the pan.

8 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

The best way we can put it.....The Falcons did this....the Colts keep doing this.....etc....A balanced, consistent team has a much better shot at a Lombardi than "the greatest show on turf" or the offensive heavy Colts of Manning's younger years.

You build this right, we can be competitive for 10 more years, not become a flash in the pan.

Why can't Gettleman be more like Ryan Grigson?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

So if we add a few weapons for our QB or just one great one for that matter, all of a sudden we will turn into the no defense Colts and just pass every down

Which weapons exactly?  Name them, explain how we get them, apply the contracts to our books, and let's have a grown up discussion.

I will start....I want to add a huge red zone threat to our receiving corps...not a rookie....maybe one that has shown that he can contribute on an NFL field, maybe one capable of 1000 yard seasons and multiple TD's without a real threat on the other side to help him out.

Now how on Earth do I find something like that?