• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2016 Panthers Schedule - Thoughts and Musings

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

The last part of the schedule is the NFL trying to screw us over imo

Really? I think we got one of the best schedules we could realistically hope for. ACCCG and Belk Bowl means we have to have a lot of road games to end the year.

28 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

Really worried about the Chiefs, I think they are the team waiting for us in the SB if we make it that far. I see them giving us our first home loss in nearly 2 years.

If it was in Arrowhead maybe.  No way does Captain Checkdown come to Crown Town and walk out with anything but his tail tucked between his legs.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, manu4t said:

I cant wait for the DEN game.  Von Miller has been such a punk since (and, well, before) the SB that I cannot wait for Remmers to get another shot at him and his 70's style Walgreen's glasses.  I hope Cam clowns him when he runs over him and goes in for his fourth rushing TD of the game.

Von miller is a punk, but I'm OK with trash talk. He earned the right with his playoff performances. However, I honestly hope we end Aquib Talib's career after that poo he pulled on Philly! I hate that guy.

• Pie 1

A couple of thoughts.

We were pretty fortunate to get out of both Saints games last year with wins.  Both were nailbiters.  I have a hunch the Saints could come out for blood this year and beat us in the dome even though on paper it should never happen.  But coming at the end of a three game stretch against division opponents, and after a MNF game, it has my attention as a game that could be particularly tough for us.

I also don't like our having to play Atlanta during Christmas week on Saturday after a MNF game.  Even though it's at home, that too could be trouble if we're worn down / are dealing with injuries at that point in the season. 

Last season's loss at Atlanta reminded me NEVER to count out a divisional rival.  (Well... at least not the Falcons or Saints.  We'll see if the Bucs begin to compete harder against us and become a tougher opponent...) Our division has the greatest parity in the league over the past 20 years, IIRC.  We SHOULD dominate the South again, but can't get complacent.

And yeah, facing Seattle in prime time as the 2nd of two West Coast road games..., and with them primed for revenge.  Not one to treat lightly.

I'm thinking 13-3 or 14-2 could be realistic / possible, but of course, there's a long way to go with the draft and training camp still ahead... it's not time to make real predictions yet.  Let's see who we draft, how the roster shapes up,  How KB looks coming back.  How CJ is playing and if Ealy continues to show his Super Bowl form.  Who wins the RT competition.  How Luke recovers from his shoulder surgery. What happens with Josh & his contract and how the team reacts...  I don't see any of the above as serious roadblocks, but they're factors to keep in mind as we look at the season ahead.