• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers will select one of these four prospects in round one of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

30 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

He was a fullback..............

So was Jim Brown. Csonka's 8000+ career yards means he was the guy you gave the ball to when you wanted yards on the ground. You can call him whatever you want. Terminology don't mean squat.

Jim Brown is one of the best ever to play the game. Is Derrick Henry Jim Brown? I don't fuging know but probability says he is likely not. 

Again you are gambling your first round pick on the fact that Henry will be the EXCEPTION not the rule.

I'm NOT saying Henry won't be good, because I don't know (no one really knows), but I'm just not willing to gamble our first rounder on him. Not when we are so close to winning the whole thing.  

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

Jim Brown is one of the best ever to play the game. Is Derrick Henry Jim Brown? I don't fuging know but probability says he is likely not. 

Again you are gambling your first round pick on the fact that Henry will be the EXCEPTION not the rule.

I'm NOT saying Henry won't be good, because I don't know (no one really knows), but I'm just not willing to gamble our first rounder on him. Not when we are so close to winning the whole thing.  

Maybe Gettleman won't feel he's a gamble. Ever thought of that? 

Just now, IGSaint said:

Maybe Gettleman won't feel he's a gamble. Ever thought of that? 

Again see one of my previous posts; I hate this argument. If Gettleman thinks he is good enough, then great I'm all on the Henry train. 

I'm saying what I think- hence the whole fuging point of a message board 

9 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

SS, WR and DE I think would all have a great chance of starting.

At WR, assuming we would take a speedster, he probably is behind Ginn in the pecking order for a year then takes over in 2017 when Ginn is a free agent. Obviously they would see the field a decent amount but probably not much more than a RB backing up Stewart.

DEs usually aren't start right away players especially where we would be taking them. He would be a rotational player in 2016.

Basically at any position other than SS and P, our 1st round pick is a rotational player who will turn into a starter in 2017. It's similar to Shaq although he was technically a starter he only played 30% of the snaps and doesn't figure to see a big uptick until TD retires.

There are plenty of starter spots that figure to open up in 2017(Norman at CB, CJ at DE, Ginn at WR, Stew at RB, possibly Oher at OT and Kalil at C could decide to retire) but not really much for 2016. We will likely re-sign a couple of those but if we pick a guy in the 1st at one of those positions then you can expect the corresponding vet to be playing their last year here.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

Again see one of my previous posts; I hate this argument. If Gettleman thinks he is good enough, then great I'm all on the Henry train. 

I'm saying what I think- hence the whole fuging point of a message board 

Take a chill pill and relax, it's not that serious. You would think you're doing the drafting with the tone of your posts. 

11 minutes ago, caatfan said:

So was Jim Brown. Csonka's 8000+ career yards means he was the guy you gave the ball to when you wanted yards on the ground. You can call him whatever you want. Terminology don't mean squat.

And both Brown and Zonk played at a time when linemen were around 250 lbs. Not a true comparison for any RB in today's game.

• Pie 1

CB and Center, and LT are probably our most pressing upcoming needs.  Kalil will be gone next year and that is a huge hole to fill.  Fortunately this is a very strong draft class for Centers and i wouldn't even rule out Ryan Kelly at 30.   I wouldn't be upset with that pick at all and im surprised he's not mocked to us more often.  As far as trading up in the second round from pick 31, that's going to cost us big, how far up do you honestly think we can get up too without giving all of our draft picks plus picks next years picks?