• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers will select one of these four prospects in round one of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

I am a bit surprised Germaine  Ifedi was not on the list--I think I would remove the TE and insert the LT candidate. 

Hunter Henry is nice and I would like him in the second, but we have not really visited with him (to the best of my knowledge-don't we always bring in the first rounder at some point?)

Edited by MHS831

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

I'm saying what I think- hence the whole fuging point of a message board 

Isn't that what the people disagreeing with you are doing as well?

Meh, I'm ready for the draft, all this pecker measuring over pet prospects has been old.

Edited by TheRed

29 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am a bit surprised Germaine  Ifedi was not on the list--I think I would remove the TE and insert the LT candidate. 

Hunter Henry is nice and I would like him in the second, but we have not really visited with him (to the best of my knowledge-don't we always bring in the first rounder at some point?)

That has been my one red flag on the Hunter Henry pick as well, however they may have him in between now and the draft. I think we met with Shaq really late last yr.

First Round: Ryan Kelly, Derrick Henry... or receiver( I know... I know)..draft is so deep that receiver may be BPA. I can see a run after the 20th pick.

Coleman, Dotson, Fuller, Tredwell, hell Gman had Funchess at a first round talent ...I could also see where he might give a first round grade to Boyd, Thomas and/or Shepard. If either Dodd or Lawson fall...all bets are off

Second: ... Trade up for Cravens..or Karl Joseph

Fourth: Lineman

Roster spots are at a premium.

First Round: Ryan Kelly, Derrick Henry... or receiver( I know... I know)..draft is so deep that receiver may be BPA. I can see a run after the 20th pick.

Coleman, Dotson, Fuller, Tredwell, hell Gman had Funchess at a first round talent ...I could also see where he might give a first round grade to Boyd, Thomas and/or Shepard. If either Dodd or Lawson fall...all bets are off

Second: ... Trade up for Cravens..or Karl Joseph

Fourth: Lineman

Roster spots are at a premium.

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

Isn't that what the people disagreeing with you are doing as well?

Meh, I'm ready for the draft, all this pecker measuring over pet prospects has been old.

I didn't call anyone out for having one- I think my message got lost in translation. I'm just saying it's dumb to say, "Wow you're just a joe schmoe what does your opinion matter?"

Furthermore, I totally understand why people are intrigued by Henry. He's a Heisman winner and an absolute mammoth of a human being. I'm fine with people liking him. 

Out here on Seattle radio, they're talking up Henry at 26.  They, much like us, have several more important needs (OL, LB, DE) but a Marshawn Lynch replacement that runs as forceful and nasty as Lynch makes a lot of sense.  He was in town last week visiting, for whatever thats worth.  

John Schneider is one of the best in the bizz (along with DG), so Henry at the end of the first isn't such a crazy thought.  

Not that I needed a Seahawks GM to let me know this, but just to put to bed that Henry is only a 2nd round pick is a silly thought.  If DG thinks that Henry fits what the Panthers want to do on offense, and others on the board (Lawson, Robinson, etc.) are not there, Henry would be a good pick for us. 

There's always an argument to be made against a player in the draft (Star had health concerns, KB had drops, Shaq was a tweener).  I can argue why not to take most players you toss out there at 30, but I'd rather focus on how they fit with us.  A guy like Henry is a rare once-in-a-blue moon RB.  He could be a classic 'Bama back that flames out in the NFL with only a handful of good plays, or he could be an Eric Dickerson/Marshawn Lynch kind of matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. 

Nobody knows, but I trust our front office to make the right call.  

Funny thing is..... all of this Henry debate could be for naught 10 days from now when we step to the podium and draft ......

hi-res-9e587e08132570dd83f3e53f806f58e6_

Keanu Neal - SAF - Florida

• Pie 2