• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers will select one of these four prospects in round one of the NFL Draft.

Jeremy Igo

This is why I pay little attention to "history" of draft picks at a certain position. :

http://www.derp/2012/3/24/2898251/why-drafting-luke-kuechly-would-be-a-mistake

I believe Derrick Henry would be a great pick, and I honestly think he'll be a success. Just think of Cam and Henry, just bullying defenses to submission. He'll need to work on agility, but when he runs, he runs.

• Pie 2

On 4/19/2016 at 8:47 AM, Growl said:

Voathe has been pretty adamant on twitter that we like Utah RB Devontae Booker. What are your thoughts on that Igo?

Booker is a very good running back, ran out of the read-option in college, and also showed good pass blocking and receiving skills, and was thought to be one of the best running backs in the country in both 2014 and 2015.

And could probably be got with a 3rd round pick (maybe even a 4th since he's currently injured).

Again, with options like this, I can't fathom spending a 1st rounder on a RB that is pretty much commonly considered a 2nd round value at the highest.

6 hours ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

I'm starting to think no team really is going to be picking WR so a really good one will likely fall .. what team needs a WR so bad they'd draft one in the first besides us ?

5 hours ago, La Pantera said:

MN NYG KC NO PITT

Also maybe Detroit with Megatron's retirement?

On 4/19/2016 at 9:58 AM, Bartin said:

For us pretty much every position is "for the future" except punter and probably safety assuming they beat out Tre. We aren't getting an immediate starter anywhere else on the team. RB would be one of the most immediate impact positions we could take for 2016.

100% disagree.

A WR like Sterling Shepherd that can play the slot and has make-em-miss run-after-the-catch breakaway ability is absolutely something this team is missing on offense.

A physical running game?  We've got that already.

On 4/19/2016 at 10:15 AM, caatfan said:

So was Jim Brown. Csonka's 8000+ career yards means he was the guy you gave the ball to when you wanted yards on the ground. You can call him whatever you want. Terminology don't mean squat.

That was also in the day where all a TD did was block and it was a common when only 1 WR was in on the play.

In other words, every the OL was stacked to run the ball.  Its the rare case you see less than 2 WR on a play and its pretty common to see 3.  "Pounding the ball" ain't as simple as it used to be.  Teams used to be able to score from the 3 yard line and in on a running play rather frequently.  How many times do you see RBs score on a direct hand-off inside power from the 3 yard line and in today?

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Still won't be a CB in round one. 

Gettleman won't reach because of a need. 

Apple wouldn't be a reach (in my opinion at least). He'll probably go top 20 but if he were there at 30 and other guys weren't, would we take him?