• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Four Carolina Panthers Round Two Prospects

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

We had the #1 offense last year and they got creamed by the #1 defense in the SB. I want us to have the #1 defense now. My ideal scenario is Dodd/Ogbah in the first, Bell/Cravens in the second.

Out of those it will be Ogbah and Bell....which would be awesome

Would love any of those in the second, even trading up to mid 2nd round.  I will be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cravens as a first round pick.  People didn't think Shaq or Devin were worthy of their spots, last year, if he is Gettleman's guy he's the pick

I don't get why so many are infatuated with Hunter Henry.  A receiving TE that is not a particularly good blocker and is not overly tough seems to be a wasted pick for us.  I know everyone has fantasies about two TE's going out and causing havoc for defenses.  The only problem is that's not what would happen.  In our two TE sets, we typically keep one TE in to block while the other (usually Olsen) goes out in a pattern.  And while some still remember having Olsen and Shockey, also remember that their combined stats were about what we are getting from just Olsen now.  So, if we did make Henry a big part of our passing game, it would cut into Olsen's numbers and impact on the team.  And I don't know about you, but I'm not at all interested in limiting what Olsen does for us.  

Henry just seems to be the type of player that will give us a net value of zero for our 1st round pick.  Maybe if Olsen was getting ready to retire, but from everything I have heard, he still plans to play a few more years.  So there is little urgency to find his replacement now...particularly in such a weak TE draft.  Maybe take someone in the middle rounds to replace Dickson, but not in the 1st.

I only know as much as I know but Bell doesn't seem as ideal as some of the other guys at SS this draft.  Still would love the pick though but not a trade up.

I think he's more likely to fill Coleman's role down the road but can for sure play SS in our D.  There's a lot of big athletic potential box safeties in this draft who are great against the run: Cash, Thomspon, & Killebrew. Not to mention my super sleeper safety special: Kavon Frazier. I believe we've met with all of them.

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

I really want Sterling Shepard in the second. I think he'll become our Smitty 2.0. He runs routes at a pro level, something our team desperately needs, and he plays like Smitty. He's gonna be worth it in the long run if we get him. Make it happen Gman!

shep22.gif

If we had to guarantee one or the other between Shepherd and D. Henry, my preference would be to pick Shepherd with the 1st round pick and then try to trade up for Henry in the 2nd.

Because I think Shepherd would be soooooooooooooo much more valuable in this offense than Henry.  He would bring an aspect to this offense that it is missing, whereas Henry only provides a younger version (if he ends up being worth the pick) of what we already have.