• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers NFL Draft - Day 2 Predictions

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Now that the dust has settled on round one, the Carolina Panthers have unfinished business to get down to in round two. 

I told you no uncertain terms who would be the pick in round one. Things become a little more murky in round two. Nevertheless, here is what I think will happen. 

1. Panthers will try to trade up

Like last year, there are still a few players on the board that the Panthers really like. Hunter Henry, Derek Henry, Emmanuel Ogbah to name a few. This would likely require a trade up into the top 10 of the second round. I am not so sure Gettleman is willing to give up enough to move that far. One possibility, however, is banking on that probable third round compensatory pick for next season and trading the existing 2017 third round pick away along with this year's. 

The Carolina Panthers could more easily move up to the teens. This would put them in position to draft someone they may not have a first round grade on, but someone who could impact the team immediately. 

I'm in the belief that the Panthers will try to move up tonight as Jeremy said. I would like to see Hunter Henry myself but I like Shepard from Oklahoma a lot.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

3 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

We gotta move up before Steelers maybe around midway

Most likely before the Texans, they  could easily go TE but just maybe they won't double dip on offense and give Watt some extra help but even then GB also sitting there too. It will truly be a miracle if Hunter falls to us, let's hope Gman loves him as much as we do. Ugh I've even left out the Patriots who have two picks ahead of us, I can see them getting Hunter to compliment Gronk. God have mercy!

Edited by firefox1234

8 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Most likely before the Texans, they  could easily go TE but just maybe they won't double dip on offense and give Watt some extra help but even then GB also sitting there too. It will truly be a miracle if Hunter falls to us, let's hope Gman loves him as much as we do. Ugh I've even left out the Patriots who have two picks ahead of us, I can see them getting Hunter to compliment Gronk. God have mercy!

Move up midway in the draft and we will get our TE, IDK about patriots they just signed Bennett. I have a good feeling we will get Hunter Henry. Hopefully  couple of QBs go in the 2nd round to push the talent down.

Dak Presscott & Cook

Edited by The_Rainmaker

Panthers trade AJ Klein to the Jags for their 2nd (38) and 6th (181) round picks. Then grab Ogbah at 38 (screwing the Bucs in the process!). We then trade picks 62 and 168 to the cheifs for pick 59 allowing us to snatch up Derrick Henry, thus screwing the Cheatriots!

G-money becomes the first GM to be carried out of a draft on the shoulders of the fans!

Mayo turns out to be even better than AJ.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Panthers trade AJ Klein to the Jags for their 2nd (38) and 6th (181) round picks. Then grab Ogbah at 38 (screwing the Bucs in the process!). We then trade picks 62 and 168 to the cheifs for pick 59 allowing us to snatch up Derrick Henry, thus screwing the Cheatriots!

G-money becomes the first GM to be carried out of a draft on the shoulders of the fans!

I like the trade idea just wrong players

38: Hunter Henry TE Arkansas

59: Su'a Cravens, S, USC

From BBR Hunter Henry was going to be the pick if Butler wasn't there

Because they thought Butler would be gone by the time they were on the clock, the Panthers had planned to add tight end Hunter Henry to the offense. So when Butler was still hanging around through 29 picks, Gettleman was "shocked."

Edited by The_Rainmaker
  • Pie 2

15 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

I like the trade idea just wrong players

38: Hunter Henry TE Arkansas

59: Su'a Cravens, S, USC

From BBR Hunter Henry was going to be the pick if Butler wasn't there

I like you're picks. I've been on the Hunter train from day 1 (I would have taken him at 30). Sterling Shepard and Mackensie Alexander are still out there as well. Come on G-man, make us proud.

22 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Now, that would be a dream scenario. But I don't see AJ Klein being worth a 2nd and 6th but that would be a good deal.  I think instead of Ogbah and Derrick Henry, a combo that would be awesome too, I would say Sterling and Cravens would be great with those picks.  I don't see that happening though.

26 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Not sure if you are being serious or not. Why would anyone give up a 2nd and a 6th for AJ Klein?

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Now, that would be a dream scenario. But I don't see AJ Klein being worth a 2nd and 6th but that would be a good deal.  I think instead of Ogbah and Derrick Henry, a combo that would be awesome too, I would say Sterling and Cravens would be great with those picks.  I don't see that happening though.

Of course it's not gonna happen, but AJ will most likely be starting on another team next year and is a proven commodity, he did very well while Luke was out last season. I think he'd be worth a 2nd round pick. Maybe not as high as 38, but I was kinda going for wow factor here.

If we trade up I think itll be into the 40's range and select either Hunter Henry, Kendall Fuller, or Sterling.  If we stay at 62 I think we obviously go BPA which could be Cravens (might not be there), WR Tyler Boyd, LT Clark/Colmeman, or Bronson Kaufusi.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

When the fug can we not read the word Derek Henry around here. He fuging sucks. I thought Trent Richardson would be what Gurley is

He sure did run over Auburn real good. Humiliated them. Looked mighty impressive to me.