• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About those corners...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Bruh, you've got to step up your coffee game @Jeremy Igo

Try Pike Place at Starbucks, throw in some cream (that's what she said), and BAM. Good to go.

Just what I want is to overpay for some swill slapped together by some pretentious asshat who thinks he's a Sommelier at a 5 Star French restaurant.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Just what I want is to overpay for some swill slapped together by some pretentious asshat who thinks he's a Sommelier at a 5 Star French restaurant.

Lmfao. Generally I would agree, but I think most can spare 2 bucks.

I don't get all that fancy poo. I want coffee.

31 minutes ago, Gin and Juice said:

Dave has said this over and over, OL is about continuity....not individual talent. We have seen many offensive lines that suck even tho a pro bowler or two were part of the line.

There is no golden egg, and likely never will be, in any draft that can take on a motivated Von Miller one on one! We need a viable 2 TE set for that......well, what do you know...it looks as if Dave is trying to upgrade that spot!

People need to drop the "Omg! We got exposed in Super Bowl" attitude. Like most all young, early rising dynasties, we got our butts whipped cause the moment was too big. Handled properly, that SB loss made the Panthers a much better team than any draft pick ever could

Nobody is going crazy, I'm just advocating  the need to invest in OL  with Talent not just big bodies. The golden egg is finding players that fits Panthers scheme like Trai, Norwell, Williams  who can  play combo of Power & Zone. You can have all the continuity in the world but if you dont have the talent then your gonna get exposed  when playing playoff caliber teams. Its better to have talent that can be part of the contiunity process that requires 1-4 rd investment (usually). Our run game became top notch when we got talent in the interior with Norwell & Trai. Remeber the the playoff game against 49rs when Panthers got stonewalled on goal line play if we had this interior that would have been a TD.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000312463/GameDay-49ers-vs-Panthers-highlights

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.20.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.20.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.20.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.21.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.21.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.21.26 PM.png

Edited by The_Rainmaker

9 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Nobody is going crazy, I'm just advocating  the need to invest in OL  with Talent not just big bodies. The golden egg is finding players that fits Panthers scheme like Trai, Norwell, Williams  who can  play combo of Power & Zone. You can have all the continuity in the world but if you dont have the talent then your gonna get exposed  when playing playoff caliber teams. Its better to have talent that can be part of the contiunity process that requires 1-4 rd investment (usually). Our run game became top notch when we got talent in the interior with Norwell & Trai. Remeber the the playoff game against 49rs when Panthers got stonewalled on goal line play if we had this interior that would have been a TD.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000312463/GameDay-49ers-vs-Panthers-highlights

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.20.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.20.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.20.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.21.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.21.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 12.21.26 PM.png

Norwell and Remmers were UDFA/Practice squad players. Other places to get lineman than 1-4rds. Getts pulled the trigger on Trai so we know he isn't against drafting offensive lineman. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that he didn't see anything in the draft at the time of his picks that would improve the OL. 

Let's cut to the chase, every fanboy on this site has a bad taste from his refusal to bring in an LT two years ago....leaving Byron Bell as our starting LT. Fans cried "Nooooooo" and it appears fans were correct even though we won the division. He had to take a calculated gamble then because our cap space was atrocious. It's a gamble that he still won on. We won the division and Cam became a better player. Oher will be a better LT this year. Remmers will be better and possibly not even starting. OLine is fine.....we need a viable 2 TE set to deal with elite pass rushing. We needed an effective RB outside of Stewart to deal with elite rushers. We need effective screens to deal with elite rushers

• Pie 1

Just now, Gin and Juice said:

Norwell and Remmers were UDFA/Practice squad players. Other places to get lineman than 1-4rds. Getts pulled the trigger on Trai so we know he isn't against drafting offensive lineman. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that he didn't see anything in the draft at the time of his picks that would improve the OL. 

Let's cut to the chase, every fanboy on this site has a bad taste from his refusal to bring in an LT two years ago....leaving Byron Bell as our starting LT. Fans cried "Nooooooo" and it appears fans were correct even though we won the division. He had to take a calculated gamble then because our cap space was atrocious. It's a gamble that he still won on. We won the division and Cam became a better player. Oher will be a better LT this year. Remmers will be better and possibly not even starting. OLine is fine.....we need a viable 2 TE set to deal with elite pass rushing. We needed an effective RB outside of Stewart to deal with elite rushers. We need effective screens to deal with elite rushers

Yes I know but I'm making the case for next years draft since half of the OL will UFA next year and we will have to sign a lot  of  other core players. I love the 2 TE set thats why I was advocating for Huntery Henry he was my # 1 choice. Maybe next year's draft will a have complete TE to pick up like O.J. Howard from Bama. Huddlers are advocating to cut Stewart next year but its going to be hard to find a complete RB who can run the rock and have fundamental pass blocking skills like him I woudd like him for another 2 years unless we move up the draft. 

This year I beleive Williams will win the RT job and having  KB will def keep opponents from stackign the box leaving Stewart to run for 1,200 yards I put my money on it!

• Pie 1

To me the dilemma is that after considering the future of players drafted/signed this weekend and the development of young players from 2014-2015, and coupled with the loss of some defensive players -- are the Panthers more talented now than last year?  To answer "yes" takes a leap of faith--one our coaching staff and GM have earned but maybe one not obvious to outside evaluaters, but best reflected perhaps by the success of past "C grade" drafts.  Of course a little FA money/signing might go a ways to tip the scales.  However it is reasonable to expect some regression to the mean this year and simply maintaining the 2015 success could be considered a success.

1 hour ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Remeber the the playoff game against 49rs when Panthers got stonewalled on goal line play if we had this interior that would have been a TD.

Maybe, maybe not.  That 49ers defense was damned stout with guys like Justin Smith, Glenn Dorsey, Ray McDonald, Navarro Bowman, Patrick Willis, Ahmad Brooks, Donte Whitner.

Short yardage goal line running plays in the NFL are probably the most difficult plays to execute in the NFL against very good defenses, even when a team has stout interior OL play and a good RBs.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  That 49ers defense was damned stout with guys like Justin Smith, Glenn Dorsey, Ray McDonald, Navarro Bowman, Patrick Willis, Ahmad Brooks, Donte Whitner.

Short yardage goal line running plays in the NFL are probably the most difficult plays to execute in the NFL against very good defenses, even when a team has stout interior OL play and a good RBs.

Yes but we will face similar defense in playoffs, 

1 hour ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Yes I know but I'm making the case for next years draft since half of the OL will UFA next year and we will have to sign a lot  of  other core players.

Actually it's 4 of 5.  (GULP)

• Remmers, Oher and Kalil will all be Pending UFAs
  • Norwell will be a pending RFA

Only guaranteed Oline starter signed for 2017 and beyond at this point is Trai Turner (and possibly Daryl Williams if he wins a starting spot)

Some of us are not arguing that we need new/better Oline STARTERS NOW, it's just that we need better depth to be grooming behind these players we could lose next year. (Center & Tackle - guard we're in better shape.)  And even this year, we don't have an obvious 4th OT as backup.  After Remmers, Oher and Williams are Foucault & Hawkins.  Neither of whom are proven to be game-ready.  (Heck, even Williams is pretty unproven)

• Pie 1

If Kalil does not extend his contract this summer, I'm afraid he's gone (retires) after this season. Only reason for him not to resign this summer must be that he's thinking about retirement after the season. Can't see DG not giving him a fair offer

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

I dont really care who he drafted or what position they are or how they are ranked by some sports reporter 

Four  questions worth asking

1. How does a GM let an All Pro walk and get nothing?  Nada. Zero. Zip  an additional second or third round pick could have made a lot of difference this year

You do know, that Gettleman had no choice. Josh didn't sign his tag. Without the tag signed, there was nothing to shop to the other teams. Nothing, zilch, zero. 

Gettleman knew that a long term deal couldn't get done, and didn't want to spend 14 million on Josh for eve one year. 

If you don't  like thise facts, I sincerely don't know what to tell you.

• Pie 3

38 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Actually it's 4 of 5.  (GULP)

• Remmers, Oher and Kalil will all be Pending UFAs
  • Norwell will be a pending RFA

Only guaranteed Oline starter signed for 2017 and beyond at this point is Trai Turner (and possibly Daryl Williams if he wins a starting spot)

Some of us are not arguing that we need new/better Oline STARTERS NOW, it's just that we need better depth to be grooming behind these players we could lose next year. (Center & Tackle - guard we're in better shape.)  And even this year, we don't have an obvious 4th OT as backup.  After Remmers, Oher and Williams are Foucault & Hawkins.  Neither of whom are proven to be game-ready.  (Heck, even Williams is pretty unproven)

All you Huddlers are stressing out when you don't need to stress out. I'm pretty sure that if the common Huddler was able to come to the conclusion that our OLine depth is virtually non-existant, then I'm sure a mastermind like Dave Gettleman himself has realized that and has multiple plans and ideas on how to resolve this issue. He gets paid to be a good GM, and he has yet to prove otherwise.

Last season, our biggest depletion was our secondary. Don't act like it wasn't a problem. If Peyton Manning had some arm strength left in him, our secondary would be torched. I mean we had guys like Finnegan who literally was pulled from his couch during retirement, and McClain starting. Dave pretty much wrapped up depth in the secondary with this draft. I'm sure he has plans for the OLine too. 

All in all, our weaknesses would probably be strengths for many teams. We have exceptional depth at many positions, and a bunch of teams would kill to be in a situation we're at. FA's will now start to want to play for the Panthers, and we'll become something solid for years to come. Gettleman will keep looking for those rusty gems buried deep in the draft and FA, and we'll continue winning. 

TL;DR: Quit your whining and let Gman do his job. 

• Pie 4