• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About those corners...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

we beat the broncos in the Super Bowl with a better offensive Gameplan, not by adding more players to the mix. Prevent Remmers from being on an island with Miller, stop running up the gut every first down, and run more read option to keep the edge rushers honest. 

Also not turning the ball over would help tremendously.

I truly felt that we were the better overall team, we just didn't play like it that day. 

They were sending 5 or 6 almost every play and daring our WRs to beat their coverage. Their entire defensive game plan was designed to keep our OTs on an island and it worked. Wade Phillips bet that their blitzes would beat our protection before our WRs beat their coverage and he was exactly right. Wasn't really much game planning that would have fixed our issues. We just finally went up against a defense that could just plain out talent our offense.

The more I'm looking into these guys, I really like Bradberry and Sanchez.  Would have been nice to have some type of addition on the offensive line depth wise but we can still find some good adds.  The team is well rounded.  Slightly light at safety and OL depth but we're in good position. 

Sanchez learning more skills from Boykin could be awesome.  Bradberry may be on the outside sooner than people expect IMO.  2nd round pick for a reason. 

Edited by davos

18 minutes ago, Bartin said:

They were sending 5 or 6 almost every play and daring our WRs to beat their coverage. Their entire defensive game plan was designed to keep our OTs on an island and it worked. Wade Phillips bet that their blitzes would beat our protection before our WRs beat their coverage and he was exactly right. Wasn't really much game planning that would have fixed our issues. We just finally went up against a defense that could just plain out talent our offense.

As an offense you have to dictate what the defense does. Bring the whole fuging house. I'll throw screens all day, it's not that they are more talented, this team cannot make adjustments man

Edited by Swaggasaurus

2 hours ago, dugbug said:

You are going by generic media boards that do not take into consideration team-specific systems.  GMan's board is based on value as a panther, and you should never think about what other boards have just get your guy at your value.

So why are people making fun of Tampa for taking a kicker?

4 minutes ago, dugbug said:

because Tampa.

But if they value that player as a 2nd round pick, then that's all there is to it-its a terrific decision, and what other teams think shouldn't have any effect on their draft board.

Edited by Growl

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

But if they value that player as a 2nd round pick, then that's all there is to it-its a terrific decision, and what other teams think shouldn't have any effect on their draft board.

There is a difference when the GM of the year, who consistently is graded C- by the media for his drafts, creates a world-beater team out of said drafts.  Then, you know, tampa.

1 minute ago, dugbug said:

There is a difference when the GM of the year, who consistently is graded C- by the media for his drafts, creates a world-beater team out of said drafts.  Then, you know, tampa.

oh okay so this is about how golly gee awesome we are.

2 hours ago, Growl said:

So why are people making fun of Tampa for taking a kicker?

That's a good point.

I will tell you, however, in the 2nd Round discussion thread that I was insane enough to defend that choice. :P

(The Raiders used a 1st rounder on Sebastian Janikowski in what? 2000?  People were shocked by that pick (and it was a shocking pick).  Was he worth that pick in the year 2000?  Not even close.  Has he made that pick worthwhile over his 16 year NFL career?  AB-SO-LUTELY (IMO).  I see Aguayo in the same category using the same lens.)

2 hours ago, SupercaMVP said:

We are pretty fuging golle gee awesome, aren't we?

I think Conference Champions and teams that go to the SuperBowl tend toward the "golle gee awesome".

But that's just me.  I guess its others prerogative to think teams like that suck if they want. :P

• Pie 1