• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About those corners...

Jeremy Igo

On Sunday, May 01, 2016 at 8:00 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

As I sat this morning sipping my delicious Dunkin Donuts coffee, the best coffee on earth, I noticed many on the Huddle were upset over the corners drafted. 

You know, the ones that were not mock draft projected until later rounds. My answer is simply... who cares? 

Dave Gettleman, the best talent evaluator in the NFL, pinpoints with laser sharp accuracy the players he wants the most, and he goes out and gets them. As long as Gettleman gets the players he covets the most, I honestly have no interest in what rounds they came in, and neither should you. 

Earlier this week, the least talented position on the entire roster was corner back. Last year, the Panthers literally went out and picked up guys off of their couches and still made it to the Superbowl. 

So guess what, Gettleman went out and got the three best corners. No, not the three best on walterfootballdotcom or other draftnik websites. The three best corners for the PANTHERS SYSTEMIn this year's NFL draft you had 3 elite corners, all taken by pick 11. All of the rest are as much a roll of the dice as the next.

Unless, of course, you have a proven system in place and the talented coaching staff to implement it. Then you target specific physical characteristics and abilities and mold them in to what you want. 

Which is EXACTLY what the Panthers just did. Do not take that for granted, not all teams have that ability. The Panthers went out and found two large zone corners and a ball hawking nickel. Job done. 

In short, if you are upset that the players Gettleman drafted were not rated higher on silly draft websites, take issue with those websites. Do not take issue with the guy that is the gold standard for NFL talent evaluation... Dave Gettleman.

Let Go, and Let Gett

View full article

If he is best talent evaluator then giving up picks is more wrong...

4 minutes ago, Bogart said:

That's what you're going with?  How much scouting experience d o  you have again?  I must have missed reading your resume.

Thats All i Need for this issue...i Dont Need  any experience to know the more someone does what they r Good at the more good comes from it...not really about me...iTs abiut Common sense...

3 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Thats All i Need for this issue...i Dont Need  any experience to know the more someone does what they r Good at the more good comes from it...not really about me...iTs abiut Common sense...

Of which you obviously have none.  I award you no points and may God have mercy on you.  

Just now, Bogart said:

Of which you obviously have none.  I award you no points and may God have mercy on you.  

Just now, Bogart said:

Nice talKjing To ya...

15 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Hey probabilities...Bogart wants to see your resume...

Are you like mentally challenged or something?  The probability is good you have no clue how to build a football team and trying to scream nana nana boo boo with incoherent bullshit doesn't help your case.

Edited by Bogart

I feel as if Bradberry had a professionally done 4 Minute splash reel,  you guys, Walterfootball, Kiper, and the whole lot would be talking about this great player and pick we have and how we stole JNos replacement in round 2. But because highlight reel does not exist, he suck and is a reach. 

40 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

So in your professional football opinion, there have been no good professional talent evaluators in the NFL since the beginning of NFL time since picks have ALWAYS been traded for other draft picks in this league.

That is the logical conclusion to what you are saying, right? That heel31ok has discovered the ULTIMATE secret to the NFL Draft Code that *no* other professional football draft evaluator has ever been able to crack? 

52 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Actually it's also about the number of spots available on the roster.

The reason why we traded up last year was because we didn't have room for nine rookies on an already crowded roster.

Same situation applies this year.

Someone with team building experience knows that.