• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers UDFA Roster Paths

Jeremy Igo

To help in roster predictions & analysis, I spent a bit of time this evening looking at how many players at which positions were

1) on the roster

2) active

for each week last season. 

Here are at least simple summaries of the results.  I may post something more detailed on this later this week in a separate thread.

Position Counts 2015 - 53 Man Roster

pos_count_roster_2015.png

(No, having a maximum of 4 ST players on the roster is not a mistake.   The week of the Dallas game we had Danny Aikman on the roster as an emergency long snapper when we were concerned that JJ Jansen might not be able to play.)

Position Counts 2015 - ACTIVE on Game Day

pos_count_active_2015.png

Hope this is helpful and useful as you think about roster projections.  Of course, as Jeremy noted, the changes in the team could change how the positions are divvied up this season.  Perhaps fewer WRs and more DBs....?  Who knows?!  We'll find out....

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Panthers think a lot of Stephen Hill. He may be more of a lock than Philly. 

What's the love affair with him about? Even before he got hurt it isn't like he was wowing people.

Time to start setting the bar a little higher.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

What's the love affair with him about? Even before he got hurt it isn't like he was wowing people.

Time to start setting the bar a little higher.

Been working hard, does anything asked of him, and has physical gifts Philly just doesn't. Hill is faster, taller, stronger. 

We shall see how it plays out. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I have brought this up in a couple of threads. I've heard Gettleman,  Rivera and Cam mention Hill,  when being asked about missing KB. Glad to know it wasn't my imagination. 

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I really wanted Philly to succeed, but I'm done with him.  He's made of glass, and that'd be a risk worth taking if he was consistent.  But he's not.  I know he's young, but we need WR production other than KB and Ginn right now.

Agreed. I'm kinda ready to move on from Philly if Hill and Garrett can take his spots. I think last season was Philly's ceiling. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, IGSaint said:

Agreed. I'm kinda ready to move on from Philly if Hill and Garrett can take his spots. I think last season was Philly's ceiling.

at least other teams got the opportunity to see how hungry this kid is... he will get picked up no doubt if released. not nearly as bad as some people want to make him out to be. I say we are going to keep him here.

• Pie 1

On May 4, 2016 at 8:27 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

I have to say, it would be awesome to see Hill finally put if all together.  That combo of size and speed is nasty.