• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers player of the day is....

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

it'll for sure come in training camp if not even earlier

i still remember a few people flipping poo because ryan kalil, an all pro center, was owning star on the first day of his first camp

Well, ya know if a rookie doesn't look like a Hall of Famer on his first snap in training camp, he's probably a bust.

• Pie 3

47 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Just wait until Bradberry gets beat in camp or in preseason (and it will happen). The Huddle is going to have a field day. "I told you he would be a bust". "This is why he was a projected 4th rounder". etc. The Huddle rounding into season form.

So damn true lol

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

Just wait until Bradberry gets beat in camp or in preseason (and it will happen). The Huddle is going to have a field day. "I told you he would be a bust". "This is why he was a projected 4th rounder". etc. The Huddle rounding into season form.

We all know it's coming and this place is gonna be UNBEARABLE when it comes....

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

Everybody gets beat, but if he out here constantly getting burned for TD's what you expect should happen

Use the rookie card?

16 minutes ago, beastson said:

Everybody gets beat, but if he out here constantly getting burned for TD's what you expect should happen

Use the rookie card?

Yes. It took Norman 2.5 years. I'll give these guys at least a preseason.

• Pie 4

this is another guy who seems like he fell through the cracks. he contributed immediately as a true freshman, he was having a nice year as a sophomore before his off-field incident kept him from finishing the season (52 tackles, 4.5 TFLs, 3 interceptions, and 4 pass deflections), then he had a great season as a junior but was kept out of the bowl game due to a weird academic issue (51 tackles, 2 TFLs, 6 ints, 12 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery). he was also a team leader in his last year.

his coach publicly told him he wouldn't get drafted and the draft board told him to go back to school. he was sick at the combine and underperformed in some drills.

at every turn this guy was being crossed out and left unrecognized. i think it's fair to assume that other teams weren't noticing him as much as they should have. he still would have been drafted and probably not long after our pick, but this guy's talent should have taken him higher in the draft. i wouldn't be surprised if he's right there in the mix for the starting outside corner job in july and august. 

i think picks like Worley and our big name UDFAs this year are the difference between us and teams like SF or Dallas. those teams take risks on guys like Lattimore, Brandon Thomas from Clemson, Jaylon Smith, and Randy Gregory. risks like those are gambles, straight up taking a guy teetering on the edge because of a current injury or current personal issues. we take guys who were injured but have actually recovered, or had an incident but has closed it and proven that it wasn't his true character. ours aren't gambles the same way those teams' picks are.

• Pie 2