• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keyarris Garrett didn't have to choose Carolina, but he did

Jeremy Igo

When you sit down and put an honest, objective mind to this, who has more upside--
Garrett or Brown? 

I think the Panthers keep 5 WRs, but there is something to consider--I doubt we keep Teddy Williams, who was only a special teams player.  If you think of Ginn that way, can we work Garrett onto the roster?

1. Benjamin (Lock)
  2. Funchess (Lock)
  3. Ginn (Lock)
  4. Brown (Lock)
  5. Garrett
  6. Byrd
  7. Hill
  8. Norwood
  9. Hamilton
  10. Bersin
  11. Stoshak

Note:  Byrd and Stoshak are PS eligible, and I am guessing one or both will go to the PS unless they have a remarkable or underwhelming preseason.  The addition of Garrett decreases the chances for  Hill and Norwood, imo, because I think Garrett might be better.

• Pie 1

I've got a lot of hope for this young guy. NCAA receiving leader who somehow doesn't get drafted? 

If he's got his head on straight, coaches up well and puts in some serious work, he could make a lot of folks regret not drafting him. It sure would make a great story.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

When you sit down and put an honest, objective mind to this, who has more upside--
Garrett or Brown? 

I think the Panthers keep 5 WRs, but there is something to consider--I doubt we keep Teddy Williams, who was only a special teams player.  If you think of Ginn that way, can we work Garrett onto the roster?

1. Benjamin (Lock)
  2. Funchess (Lock)
  3. Ginn (Lock)
  4. Brown (Lock)
  5. Garrett
  6. Byrd
  7. Hill
  8. Norwood
  9. Hamilton
  10. Bersin
  11. Stoshak

Note:  Byrd and Stoshak are PS eligible, and I am guessing one or both will go to the PS unless they have a remarkable or underwhelming preseason.  The addition of Garrett decreases the chances for  Hill and Norwood, imo, because I think Garrett might be better.

Don't sleep on Norwood.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Garrett or Brown? 

1. Benjamin (Lock)
  2. Funchess (Lock)
  3. Ginn (Lock)
  4. Brown (Lock)
  5. Garrett
  6. Byrd
  7. Hill
  8. Norwood
  9. Hamilton
  10. Bersin
  11. Stoshak

I think they keep 6, maybe at the expense of a fifth RB or Safety (both of which we kept last year). I don't think he's one of the six, but it seems disingenuous to put Bersin below Cobi freaking Hamilton, a guy we've seen literally nothing from. I also don't consider Philly a "lock," but he's rather comfortably in 4th. 

I think the last two spots come down to Bersin, Norwood (who they've invested a 2017 pick in), Hill, and Garrett.

• Pie 2

Don't sleep on Bersin. He's a lot more proven than some of these other guys, plus if he has another good offseason developmentally do you cut him because someone else runs faster? I think he has a good a shot to make it as the rest of them. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

When I look at that list this is what I see.  If one or 2 of these guys don't wind up in IR, then someone REALLY good is going to get cut.  Our possible depth at certain positions is scary good. I wouldn't want to be in the coaches shoes trying to make those roster decisions.

• Pie 1