• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damiere Byrd "living in the weight room"

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Honestly,  he could lose a little speed and still be faster than most people on the field. 

I'm glad to see he is bulking up a little bit,  and it really must be noticeable. 

He looked like a guy last year with two different physiques. His top half was skinny and his bottom half looked more like a rookie Steve Smith. This year it isn't as much as a contrast. 

Putting on 8 lbs quality muscle without err...help, is not easy.  Plus, the longer you've been training the less "gains" you typically make on a yearly basis.  That's a lot of calories  for someone that's basically in the gym or on the field 24/7.  Good for him.  I know it was hard work.  

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Mojo said:

Putting on 8 lbs quality muscle without err...help, is not easy.  Plus, the longer you've been training the less "gains" you typically make on a yearly basis.  That's a lot of calories  for someone that's basically in the gym or on the field 24/7.  Good for him.  I know it was hard work.  

none of you have any idea what you're talking about

a 23 ish year old genetic freak (which he is just by virtue of being in the nfl) putting on 5 pounds of muscle over 5 ish months the first time on an nfl caliber training and diet regiment is absolutely nothing to write home about. His height or the amount of "cardio" he's doing (they don't really do any metabolic/aerobic conditioning right now, and very little over the course of the year compared to other sports) so stop mansplaining things with your personal excuses for being fat. 

hell, almost all of them would "put on muscle" during the offseason. the rigors of an NFL season literally make their bodies break down, and they're really unable make any gains during the actual season since their body spends all their sleep time just repairing and trying to hold on. 

lastly, people that make these of boasts are never really long for the NFL. the people that thrive in this sport are the ones that don't need to "bulk up" once they get there. You maniacs are sounding like a bunch of 49ers fans when they drafted AJ Jenkins.

Source: I have trained current and former NFL players.