• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Rookie Camp Wrapup

Jeremy Igo

a "Taller Cotchery"  lol really?  Garrett is 6'3 and ran a 4.53 at the combine.  Cotchery prolly was in the 4.6-4.7 range last season for us.  Garrett is going to be a beast.  I could see Garrett splitting time with Philly and Funchess by mid-season.  Dude is going to surprise a lot of people. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

a "Taller Cotchery"  lol really?  Garrett is 6'3 and ran a 4.53 at the combine.  Cotchery prolly was in the 4.6-4.7 range last season for us.  Garrett is going to be a beast.  I could see Garrett splitting time with Philly and Funchess by mid-season.  Dude is going to surprise a lot of people. 

Just talking about the role he will play, not the speed and such. 

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Just talking about the role he will play, not the speed and such. 

Ah understandable.  IMO he will be an upgrade to Cotchery once he gets those routes down. Being Long-legged like that does take some time to get that big body moving.  In the highlights ive seen about 85% of his balls hes caught where deep 20+ yarders for big gains.  I love the way he high points the ball and lays his body out like a shorter receiver.  Probably one of the UDFAs I've looking forward to seeing in preseason the most.  Dude is gonna make the 53.

I have a feeling there will be a few UDFA making the team this year. Ben Jacobs, Ed Dickson, Bersin, and Byrd might be gone by June 1st.

This UDFA rookie class DG has brought in is filled with potential! Garrett, Cash, Richardson, and Norris will make the team and 1 of the 3 will make an impact this year in some capacity.

1 hour ago, CWORS said:

I have a feeling there will be a few UDFA making the team this year. Ben Jacobs, Ed Dickson, Bersin, and Byrd might be gone by June 1st.

This UDFA rookie class DG has brought in is filled with potential! Garrett, Cash, Richardson, and Norris will make the team and 1 of the 3 will make an impact this year in some capacity.

If by "make the team" you're including practice squad then yes, that seems likely. I don't see 4 UDFAs making the final 53, particularly not 2 LBs on a team that has historically only carried 5 or 6.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1