• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The reason EPL will always be better than La Liga

Ja  Rhule

9 hours ago, ARSEN said:

And this proves La Liga is better than EPL how?  Did you read other people comments?

Yes I did, I am very versatile.  ;)

I believe that the best way to compare them is head-to-head, or in this case how they perform in like competitions.  La Liga consistently beats the other leagues one the field.  To me any argument for another league is no different than the yearly arguments by non-SEC fans.  They are purely speculative and not based on results.

Others are free to use whatever metric they want but For me the first and most important will always be on field results, and right now La Liga has those in spades.

19 minutes ago, Goondal said:

Yes I did, I am very versatile.  ;)

I believe that the best way to compare them is head-to-head, or in this case how they perform in like competitions.  La Liga consistently beats the other leagues one the field.  To me any argument for another league is no different than the yearly arguments by non-SEC fans.  They are purely speculative and not based on results.

Others are free to use whatever metric they want but For me the first and most important will always be on field results, and right now La Liga has those in spades.

La Liga has 4 decent teams out of 20... EPL has 20 decent teams out of 20.  Take in consideration the physical aspect of EPL and it's easy to see why EPL teams falling apart near season end...  The fatigue and injuries are taking toll.  Many players that come from La Liga fall apart in EPL within 1-2 seasons. Resent examples include Diego Costa, Di Maria, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro and even Fabregas who was a complete disaster last season.  You put Real Madrid or Barcelona in EPL for one season and you'll see them drop like flies.

4 hours ago, ARSEN said:

La Liga has 4 decent teams out of 20... EPL has 20 decent teams out of 20.  Take in consideration the physical aspect of EPL and it's easy to see why EPL teams falling apart near season end...  The fatigue and injuries are taking toll.  Many players that come from La Liga fall apart in EPL within 1-2 seasons. Resent examples include Diego Costa, Di Maria, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro and even Fabregas who was a complete disaster last season.  You put Real Madrid or Barcelona in EPL for one season and you'll see them drop like flies.

Saying what Real or Barca would do in EPL is pure speculation.  I could sit here and say that Leicester would have no shot at top 3 in La Liga, that does not make me right or wrong.

As was mentioned above, if La Liga were so weak and it was such and advantage to the Spanish sides then PSG should have made at least a semi-final by now.

18 minutes ago, Goondal said:

Saying what Real or Barca would do in EPL is pure speculation.  I could sit here and say that Leicester would have no shot at top 3 in La Liga, that does not make me right or wrong.

As was mentioned above, if La Liga were so weak and it was such and advantage to the Spanish sides then PSG should have made at least a semi-final by now.

La Liga is weak outside of their top 3 teams.  Have no clue how you are trying to argue that.

Second tier Sevilla keeps dominating Europa against everybody else's second tier though.  They have five of the seven titles to start this decade as well as a runner-up finish.  That is six finalists in seven years.  Pretty good results against the comparable entrants from other leagues.

5 hours ago, ARSEN said:

maybe 10-12. bottom end of the table is in constant flux with the championship.

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

Leicester was button last year too...

true, but most of the time the teams that are in the bottom 5(ish) spots get relegated or hang around the relegation zone. 

20. Villa - relegated, haven't been above 15th since 2010.

19. Norwich - promoted and relegated twice since 2010.

18. Newcastle - ever since finishing 5th in 2011 they have been 10th or below.

17. Sunderland - flirting with relegation since 2011.

16. AFC Bournemouth - actually impressed they were not relegated. Promoted from League Two to the PL in 6 years.

15. Crystal Palace - 10th-15th since being promoted in 2012.

I agree there is more competition in the EPL, but its among 5-6 teams for the title, with occasional surprises from mid table teams like West Ham.

1 minute ago, pantherphan96 said:

true, but most of the time the teams that are in the bottom 5(ish) spots get relegated or hang around the relegation zone. 

20. Villa - relegated, haven't been above 15th since 2010.

19. Norwich - promoted and relegated twice since 2010.

18. Newcastle - ever since finishing 5th in 2011 they have been 10th or below.

17. Sunderland - flirting with relegation since 2011.

16. AFC Bournemouth - actually impressed they were not relegated. Promoted from League Two to the PL in 6 years.

15. Crystal Palace - 10th-15th since being promoted in 2012.

I agree there is more competition in the EPL, but its among 5-6 teams for the title, with occasional surprises from mid table teams like West Ham.

Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Leicester and even Stoke with latest talent acquisition.  That's 11 teams right there...

1 minute ago, ARSEN said:

Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Leicester and even Stoke with latest talent acquisition.  That's 11 teams right there...

you don't seriously think Everton, Southampton, Stoke, or West Ham have realistic shots at winning the title?  None of those teams have even qualified for the CL let alone a title. Everton is the only one that even came close at 5th a few years back.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Tottenham. That's 6 title contenders. Throw in Leicester if you seriously think they will challenge for the title again after they have their talent ravaged by other teams.

Southampton, Everton, West Ham, and Stoke are Europa League talent level teams, 6th-10th in the PL.

45 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

you don't seriously think Everton, Southampton, Stoke, or West Ham have realistic shots at winning the title?  None of those teams have even qualified for the CL let alone a title. Everton is the only one that even came close at 5th a few years back.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Tottenham. That's 6 title contenders. Throw in Leicester if you seriously think they will challenge for the title again after they have their talent ravaged by other teams.

Southampton, Everton, West Ham, and Stoke are Europa League talent level teams, 6th-10th in the PL.

Lol...  Southampton was almost Leicester last year until injuries destroyed them.  West Ham is extremely talented and spanked City twice right?  Everton has had a down year with shutting coach. 

Considering that you are a city fan, you must just start following soccer maybe 4 years ago?

36 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Lol...  Southampton was almost Leicester last year until injuries destroyed them.  West Ham is extremely talented and spanked City twice right?  Everton has had a down year with shutting coach. 

Considering that you are a city fan, you must just start following soccer maybe 4 years ago?

City played terribly against all teams in the top 8 so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with that. Everton and Southampton aren't bad teams but there is a reason they haven't even played CL football, because they aren't good enough to beat the usual suspects enough to finish top 4, let alone win the league.

Fact is, LCFC was the first team to win the PL outside of City, United, Arsenal, and Chelsea since the 90s.

4 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

City played terribly against all teams in the top 8 so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with that. Everton and Southampton aren't bad teams but there is a reason they haven't even played CL football, because they aren't good enough to beat the usual suspects enough to finish top 4, let alone win the league.

Fact is, LCFC was the first team to win the PL outside of City, United, Arsenal, and Chelsea since the 90s.

And that year Liverpool was pretty healthy.  Most EPL teams go thru major injury spell around 2nd half of the season.  Arsenal lost Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis and Coquilen.  La Liga is not as physical and most of their players stay healthy year around.  

Arsenal was healthy against Bayern in London and won 2-0.  In Munich, Arsenal was missing 4 starters and got spanked 5-1.

Its like NFL or any other sport, the most healthiest team usually wins.  EPL teams are usually playing with bunch of backups by season end.

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

And that year Liverpool was pretty healthy.  Most EPL teams go thru major injury spell around 2nd half of the season.  Arsenal lost Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis and Coquilen.  La Liga is not as physical and most of their players stay healthy year around.  

Arsenal was healthy against Bayern in London and won 2-0.  In Munich, Arsenal was missing 4 starters and got spanked 5-1.

Its like NFL or any other sport, the most healthiest team usually wins.  EPL teams are usually playing with bunch of backups by season end.

I'll certainly agree that the EPL is a more physical league. 

Archived