• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers OTAs Week Two Notes and Photos

Jeremy Igo

Two things that made me say wow.... Butler having the fastest first step on Funchess being a big time improvement. 

Not too worried about the DB's just yet. Its very early and we should expect them to have these kinds of growing pains. 

Excellent write up as usual. My expectations for KB are just to have him "back." They should bring him along as slowly as possible. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

To say Wilks is in the ear of these young men daily is an understatement. 

I think it's safe to say that Wilks is feeling more pressure than any Panthers' coach.

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am not convinced Robert McClain is the day 1 starter for the Panthers. He does well against larger, slower receivers. But he struggles against anyone with speed. 

Might be the #1 reason he was available for pick up last season. Nobody wants a slow CB.

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Brandon Wegher also had more snaps today compared to last week. In my opinion, he is the most dangerous back on the roster out of the backfield

I'm hoping he prompts a lot of 'who IS that guy?' questions this season.

• Pie 3

• The Player of the day was Devin Funchess, who looked every bit as good as Kelvin Benjamin today. Funchess may quietly be the most imporoved player on the field. Keep an eye on this, he could turn heads sooner rather than later. 
  • Brandon Wegher also had more snaps today compared to last week. In my opinion, he is the most dangerous back on the roster out of the backfield. He turns around and heads up field much quicker than any other back on the roster. 

All my blood has left my head and went ummmmmm......elsewhere

• Pie 6

Just now, Clicheking said:
  • The Player of the day was Devin Funchess, who looked every bit as good as Kelvin Benjamin today. Funchess may quietly be the most imporoved player on the field. Keep an eye on this, he could turn heads sooner rather than later. 
  • Brandon Wegher also had more snaps today compared to last week. In my opinion, he is the most dangerous back on the roster out of the backfield. He turns around and heads up field much quicker than any other back on the roster. 

All my blood has left my head and went ummmmmm......elsewhere

From BBR:

• WR Devin Funchess had a big day, going up to snag a couple of high throws from Newton. An analogy for Funchess right now: He looks like Benjamin did during the spring of 2014.

http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-2nd-offseason-practice-session/

• Pie 8

If Hill shows enough to make this team I will undoubtedly anoint him the next Randy Moss and assume he will have 2,000 yards receiving and 16 TDs. Just want to go ahead and get that out of the way. With his speed and size, knowing he would be, at best, our 4th option, makes me reallyyyyy intrigued by him showing even the slightest progress.