• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade for OT Eugene Monroe?

bobsfoodbasics

4 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000669656/article/baltimore-ravens-release-veteran-ot-eugene-monroe

He is released so we dont have to pay 6 Mil? " This Terrible player is  a lot better than the depth we have at LT aka Focult. 

I keep asking this of people because (1) they obviously didn't get a chance to hear it or (2) they heard it but they just don't get it.

After the draft, DG addressed free agent signings, especially "established veteran" free agent signings.  He doesn't like them.  His experience has shown that the usual result of an "established veteran" free agent signing (i.e. one that is used to being a starter) is unrest on the team when inevitably that "established veteran's" expectations aren't met.

Now I ask you this: Do you actually think Monroe would be happy on ANY team as "depth"?

11 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I keep asking this of people because (1) they obviously didn't get a chance to hear it or (2) they heard it but they just don't get it.

After the draft, DG addressed free agent signings, especially "established veteran" free agent signings.  He doesn't like them.  His experience has shown that the usual result of an "established veteran" free agent signing (i.e. one that is used to being a starter) is unrest on the team when inevitably that "established veteran's" expectations aren't met.

Now I ask you this: Do you actually think Monroe would be happy on ANY team as "depth"?

I'm pretty sure he would be happy to have a job in the league. BTW were Harper & Love gaurnteed a job or the oppertunity to win it. 

15 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

I'm pretty sure he would be happy to have a job in the league.

Yeah, well maybe you ought to provide your sage NFL advice to DG because he believes differently.

16 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

BTW were Harper & Love gaurnteed a job or the oppertunity to win it. 

Harper knew he was stepping into a starting position.  

Kyle Love has never once been a regular starter in his entire career and knew that the same would be true when he signed with the Panthers.

Neither case would be remotely similar to any expectations Monroe would have or the team would have of him.

17 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Yeah, well maybe you ought to provide your sage NFL advice to DG because he believes differently.

Harper knew he was stepping into a starting position.  

Kyle Love has never once been a regular starter in his entire career and knew that the same would be true when he signed with the Panthers.

Neither case would be remotely similar to any expectations Monroe would have or the team would have of him.

Harper knew he had the opportunity to win the starting job. You earn the job. 

Kyle Love: Patriots 2011& 2012

Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 8.50.15 PM.png

1 hour ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Oher was "hurt" and also "not that good" but kind of worked out, We'll find out if DG likes him or not... keep the no to yourself sir.

Have you actually seen him or are you basing how good he is on Madden ratings again?

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have you actually seen him or are you basing how good he is on Madden ratings again?

He was decent with Jaguars and has the tool sets to be good.Btw a lot of fellow huddlers didn't like Ohers tape, its not like change of sceneray, supproting cast ,scheme, and coaching want change your playing level. 

Wheren't you like an OL once, are you now a HS Football coach or College maybe? 

He was decent with Jaguars and has the tool sets to be good.Btw a lot of fellow huddlers didn't like Ohers tape, its not like change of sceneray, supproting cast ,scheme, and coaching want change your playing level. 

Wheren't you like an OL once, are you now a HS Football coach or College maybe? 

He is on here far too often to be anything honestly

The fact that you're still talking about his play with the Jaguars - given that he's been with the Ravens since 2013 - tells me all I need to know.

ot.jpg

He had a down year with the Ravens but its not like he completely lost his skill sets from the days of Jaguars and if he did its not like he cant retrain to get them back?

Answer the question  sir if you don't mind. I believe you played OL before right, what level did you play at and how much coaching experience do you have.

Archived