• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 49ers at Panthers Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

And Fozzy, and KB, and Funchness, and Olsen, and Kalil and the rest of the offensive line.  Don't know if you noticed it or not, but Cam was barely touched for most of the game.  And the oline opened some holes for the backs.  The entire offense played like crap for a while, but picked it up as the game went along.  

Great call.

The OL did a *fantastic* job today.

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

Point? Without a franchise QB, we're Houston. Soooo....

Cam fired lasers and delivered dimes. He threw 4 TDs.

And without some decent players around him, we would be San Diego, New Orleans, or Indy.

Point is fairly obvious.  This isn't the NBA, where one or two good players can carry a team.  You have to have a good qb, but you have to have a good supporting cast as well to win.  

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

That's hardly the point I was making. Cam was a positive today. That's that.

Certainly he was a positive.  But he would admit that he certainly made some mistakes.  Nothing wrong with pointing out those mistakes, no more than there is with pointing out that KB played a great game, but made a couple of very bad early mistakes.  

50 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

And without some decent players around him, we would be San Diego, New Orleans, or Indy.

Point is fairly obvious.  This isn't the NBA, where one or two good players can carry a team.  You have to have a good qb, but you have to have a good supporting cast as well to win.  

Luke carried our D today despite relatively poor play from the front line. So I can't necessarily agree with this statement.

24 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
sando_mike_m.jpg

Mike Sando ESPN Senior Writer 

Typical Carolina game. An overmatched opponent thinks the game is close, then looks up in the third quarter and realizes the score is 31-10. The Panthers are like a snake that squeezes just a little tighter as the game progresses.

Haha that's pretty good.

3 hours ago, rico6 said:

Luke carried our D today despite relatively poor play from the front line. So I can't necessarily agree with this statement.

I'm amazed KK has been quiet the past two games. I figured he'd be more motivated because of wanting a new contract. I was surprised to see Star get a sack.

I felt like posting in here because it's contractually obligated or something, but I was working yesterday and decided that if we won when I wasn't on the Huddle, I won't get on the Huddle on gamedays again

Which does both myself and probably the Huddle a huge favor

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, epic props to Cameron Jerrell Newton for another monster game, Olsen for some big catches, KB for a ton of big catches, Luke for the epic INT and Shaq/CJ for doing what they do. Fozzy, despite the fumble, gets a star sticker for the day too

I rip the offensive line when they suck but yesterday, they did a tremendous job and deserve an attaboy. So does Gano.

Mondays are so much better when the Panthers win

12 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
sando_mike_m.jpg

Mike Sando ESPN Senior Writer 

Typical Carolina game. An overmatched opponent thinks the game is close, then looks up in the third quarter and realizes the score is 31-10. The Panthers are like a snake that squeezes just a little tighter as the game progresses.

Except that yesterday, up 31-10, with about 4:00 left in the 3rd quarter, Ron decided it was time to flip the Off Switch and we started getting soft on defense and trying to milk the clock on offense.  And that's when SF got right back in it.

To the teams credit, after things got closer (again), they were able to flip the switch back to On.  Its often the case that teams can't do that.

Archived