• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just a random thought.

iamhubby1

9 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I remember this back when it first happened haha, but seriously how bad has the Saint front Office been under Payton and Brees, no first round pick for 2 years, and then cap hell for the last 3 years this years. if that Front office had half a brain they could of had a few more shots at a super bowl with brees. they have been playing with one hand behind their back since pretty much 2011.  talk about squandered opportunity 

They did get their "one".  I hope Cam can gets his "one".

33 minutes ago, Black_and_Blue said:

I hear we will be going with Garrett Bolles at no8. Just what I am hearing. So don't shoot the messenger

Yeah, but when the message is this blatantly goofy? I've seen beheadings for far less offenses. Just saying.

35 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Thomas is DE, Allen is a 3-4 DE which makes him bigger then your typical 4-3 DE and a few people saying he would be a DT, but he is small enough (285lbs) he could still play 4-3 DE.  Allen is arguably the second best DL in the draft but his shoulders are a big concern and will drop. 

29 minutes ago, Woodie said:

The main reason some people say he's a DT is because he didn't play DE in a 4-3 in college and they have a hard time generalizing his skillset.  But most "experts" say he can play anywhere up and down the line, and could be dominant as a 4-3 DE.  He also showed at the combine that he definitely has the athleticism to play DE in our system.  So, yes, he's a DE...who can slide in and play DT (as opposed to a DT that can slide out and play DE like we have now).

See what I mean. 2 differing opinions within 3 posts of each other. What's a guy to do?

19 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

I'm on the Ross  train but I don't see us not getting a good player in the first...so it's all good no matter what...

You must be easy to buy presents for. "I want this, but as long as I get something good, I'm ok." lol

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

See what I mean. 2 differing opinions within 3 posts of each other. What's a guy to do?

Seriously, I think we are actually saying the same thing.  Thomas is a DE.  Doc just added some thoughts on Allen as well (and I agree with him that Allen would be a fine 4-3 DE).

I just want a non LB or DLine for once , its boring keep selected dudes in the trenches. We might not pick this high again for the rest of the time Cam plays, go get him a big time WR , TE, or RB with your top 10 pick while you have the chance. We all know Gettleman will always spend the vast majority of every draft on defense picks anyway.

21 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Allen's shoulder stuff and a couple QBs/suprise picks end up pushing him to us and Gettleman auto pulls the trigger. Don't want Allen but there's no way Gettelman won't take him if he drops to us .

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, zero chance Gettleman passes on Allen if he's on the board.

Now come on guys. You cannot really believe that Gman would use the 8th pick in the draft on a player with shoulder troubles? But, if he checks out, like Star did, maybe you can be right. But as it sits right now. Allen has injury issues.

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

Now come on guys. You cannot really believe that Gman would use the 8th pick in the draft on a player with shoulder troubles? But, if he checks out, like Star did, maybe you can be right. But as it sits right now. Allen has injury issues.

I imagine the Panthers would get a second and third opinion on his shoulders, the NFL Dr's check him out in the combine, reports are it will give him trouble in maybe 15-20 years, so who knows how true that is.

also in regards to my other post this is the scouting report on Thomas

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/16/14836830/solomon-thomas-scouting-report

Archived