• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Hurricanes 2009-2010 Regular Season Thread

17+89=6

Ward cut by a skate... team says he's out for a month or so but I think the team is keeping their mouths shut and its worse.

Word is, Ward's quadrilateral muscle was cut deep by the skate and he'll be out for an extended period.. and that that's why JR is looking for more than a band-aid in the net via trade.

JR won't tank the season and give up. That's the good news. The bad news is, right now there's not much he can do about it. With the season being nowhere near the trade deadline, there aren't many teams looking to move players. There's not a lot he can do right now with that.

Honestly, I think just selling off Brind'Amour for basically nothing and letting Boychuck stay on the squad the rest of the year would do be a great place to start

Will be interesting, to say the least, to see Manny Legace in a Canes uniform.

I hope the team can step it up in front of him, because the only games that we've been close in, Ward was the one keeping us there.

This team has got to start playing better hockey, or things are going to get really bad.

If they're going to make any kind of miraculous turnaround, it needs to happen now. The longer this drags on, the more impossible it will become. At some point JR has to look at this team, realize that they're not going anywhere, and sell off the old parts of it. Apparently that time is around Christmas.

I have a feeling this will not get any easier to watch.:(

I think one of two things happens.

A) Manny Legace comes in and all the bounces start going the Canes way, and we get some confidence back.

or

B) Manny Legace comes in and we lose 6-1, and this season continues it's terrible path.

Either way, sucks to be Michael Leighton right now.

Archived