• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Weight Lifting Advice

Jackofalltrades

Steroids are just largely not necessary. It's all about HOW you lift. If you're going in and doing "bodybuilding", then you're missing out on a lot of natural growth hormone secretion and you're likely using shoddy form. Power lifting on your foundation lifts is key. Meaning, squatting, benching, and deadlifting with heavy weight and good (correct, power lifting) form is necessary. Take a few warm up sets with progressively heavy (but not working) weight, then pound out 2-3 sets of whatever you can manage with heavy, heavy weight. Guarantee you'll see more muscle and strength gains that way. If it's good enough for Mike O'hearn, it's good enough for me.

At the height of my athletic ability and fitness, I was 205 lbs benching 355, squatting 605, and deadlifting 475 (main reason this was so low is because at 18 years old, I hated deadlifts passionately). Only supplement I used was creatine (CellMass, to be exact. think they discontinued that though, for some reason). Had I not stopped that kind of lifting, I would have easily added 200 lbs to each of those lifts by now (as evidenced by a guy I went to high school with who kept that sort of workout going up to today. Squatted 550 senior year of high school, squats 785 today). 

I see people who use steroids and honestly just don't want to be unrecognizable like they are. Plus, there are adverse effects and to minimize those effects or overlook them entirely is ignorant. Do it clean, be able to do it all the time, and you're good. Just my opinion, anyway.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:56 PM, TwentyTwoMcCaffrey said:

If I tell you I was 5'7 and 165 pound, benching 355 would you believe me? 

absolutely not. i don't care how many roids someone is on you're not pressing 355. that's competitive lifting weight at that weight class.

2 minutes ago, TwentyTwoMcCaffrey said:

ouch!

How do we know that's you? Also he's a competitive powerlifter that's years of dedication. The average Joe can't do a cycle of roids and press that. Next. 

Just now, TwentyTwoMcCaffrey said:

Competitor power lifter, LOL. 

You know, I know and everybody else know how a power lifter looks like!

Ummm, yeah I do. A local powerlifting gym is my client. I do their video.

Archived