Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Bundesliga 2017/18


Goondal

Recommended Posts

FC Bayern Münich 12-2-2 36:11 +25 38
FC Schalke 04 8-5-3 26:19 +7 29 
RB Leipzig 8-4-4 25:22 +3 28
Borussia Monchengladbach 8-4-5 27:28 -1 28

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 7-6-3 30:19 +11 27
1899 Hoffenheim 7-5-4 26:20 +6 26
Borussia Dortmund 7-4-5 37:23 +14 25
Eintracht Frankfurt 7-4-5 18:16 +2 25
FC Augsburg 6-5-5 24:20 +4 23
Hannover 96 6-4-6 20:22 -2 22
Hertha Berlin 5-6-5 23:23 EV 21
VfL Wolfsburg 3-10-3 21:20 +1 19
SC Freiburg 4-6-6 14:28 -14 18
VfB Stuttgart 5-2-9 13:20 -7 17
1. FSV Mainz 05 4-4-8 17:26 16
Hamburger SV 4-3-10 15:25 -10 15
Werder Bremen 3-5-8 11:18 -7 14
1. FC Köln 0-3-13 9:32 -23 3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DFB-Pokal First Round Draw

August 11
Rot-Weiss Essen (IV) v. Borussia Monchengladbach
Karlsruhe SC (III) v. Bayer Leverkusen
Holstein Kiel (II) v. Eintracht Braunschweig (II)

August 12
Germania Halberstadt (V) v. SC Freiburg
Chemnitzer FC (III) v. Bayern München
LSK Hansa (IV) v. Mainz 05
Lehrer TS (V) v. FC Köln
SpVgg Unterhaching (III) v. FC Heidenheim (II)
TuS Erndtebrück (V) v. Eintracht Frankfurt
TuS Koblenz (IV) v. Dynamo Dresden (II)
FC Rielasingen-Arlen (VI) v. Borussia Dortmund
SV Eichede (IV) v. FC Kaiserslautern (II)
Rot-Weiß Erfurt (III) v. 1899 Hoffenheim
John Regensburg (II) v. Darmstadt 98 (II)
Armenia Bielefeld (II)v. Fortuna Düsseldorf (II)
Würzburger Kickers (III) v. Werder Bremen

August 13
1860 Munich (IV) v. FC Ingolstadt (II)
VfL Osnabrück (III) v. Hamburger SV
Bonner SC (IV) v. Hannover 96
Sportfreunde Dorfmerkingen (VII) v. RB Leipzig
Schweinfurt 05 (IV) v. SV Sandhausen (II)
SV Morlautern (V) v. Greuther Fürth (II)
FC Saarbrücken (IV) v. Union Berlin (II)
FC Nöttingen (IV) v. VfL Bochum (II)
Eintracht Norderstedt (IV) v. VfL Wolfsburg
FC Magdeburg (III) v. FC Augsburg
Energie Cottbus (IV) v. VfB Stuttgart
Wehen Wiesbaden (III) v. Erzgebirge Aue (II)

August 14
MSV Duisburg (II) v. FC Nürnberg (II)
SC Paderborn (III) v. FC St. Pauli (II)
BFC Dynamo (IV) v. Schalke 04
Hansa Rostock (III) v. Hertha Berlin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super Cup between Bayern and Dortmund is this tomorrow with the season starting in two weeks!

Still expecting Bayern to win the league but I am more uneasy than usual considering the preseason form along with Leipzig joining Dortmund as possible challengers.  Leipzig will be interesting this year as they play more compeitions with Champions league and the Pokal (they crashed out in the first round last season but drew seventh division Sportfreunde Dorfmerkingen to kick things off this time around so they should be around a little longer).

Darmstadt and Ingolstadt (good riddance) were relegated last season with Stuttgart and Hannover returning to the top flight.  I expect both to be more competitive to those they replaced.

Wolfsburg (sadly) defeated Eintracht Braunschweig in the relegation playoff (which I wish they would do away with) to stay up.

I personally am looking forward to Matchday 10-11 when Bayern gets Leipzig and Dortmund back-to-back.  Those two face off Matchday 8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

August 11
Rot-Weiss Essen (IV) 1:2 Borussia Monchengladbach
Karlsruhe SC (III) 0:3 Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Holstein Kiel (II) 2:1 Eintracht Braunschweig (II)

August 12
Germania Halberstadt (V) 1:2 SC Freiburg
Chemnitzer FC (III) 0:5 FC Bayern München
LSK Hansa (IV) 1:3 1. FSV Mainz 05
Lehrer TS (V) 0:5 1. FC Köln
SpVgg Unterhaching (III) 0:4 FC Heidenheim (II)
TuS Erndtebrück (V) 0:3 Eintracht Frankfurt
TuS Koblenz (IV) 2:3 Dynamo Dresden (II)
FC Rielasingen-Arlen (VI) 0:4 Borussia Dortmund
SV Eichede (IV) 0:4 FC Kaiserslautern (II)
Rot-Weiß Erfurt (III) 0:1 1899 Hoffenheim
Jahn Regensburg (II) 3:1 Darmstadt 98 (II)
Armenia Bielefeld (II) 1:3 Fortuna Düsseldorf (II)
Würzburger Kickers (III) 0:3 Werder Bremen

August 13
1860 Munich (IV) 1:2 FC Ingolstadt (II)
VfL Osnabrück (III) 3:1 Hamburger SV
Bonner SC (IV) 2:6 Hannover 96
Sportfreunde Dorfmerkingen (VII) 0:5 RB Leipzig
Schweinfurt 05 (IV) 2:1 SV Sandhausen (II)
SV Morlautern (V) 0:5 Greuther Fürth (II)
FC Saarbrücken (IV) 1:2 (a.e.t) Union Berlin (II)
FC Nöttingen (IV) 2:5 VfL Bochum (II)
Eintracht Norderstedt (IV) 0:1 VfL Wolfsburg
FC Magdeburg (III) 2:0 FC Augsburg
Energie Cottbus (IV) 2(3):2(4) VfB Stuttgart
Wehen Wiesbaden (III) 2:0 Erzgebirge Aue (II)

August 14
MSV Duisburg (II) 1:2 FC Nürnberg (II)
SC Paderborn (III) 2:1 FC St. Pauli (II)
BFC Dynamo (IV) 0:2 FC Schalke 04
Hansa Rostock (III) 0:2 Hertha Berlin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing that I love about the cups is how top teams play on the road against lower division sides.  Bayern traveling to a third division side is akin to Alabama traveling to Central Michigan.  That would be pretty bleepin' cool to see.

The first round worked out much less that usual for the lower division home sides however.  Only five home sides won with two of those being one 2.Bundesliga squad defeating another.

The only remaining teams from 3.Liga and lower are:
FC Magdeburg (III)
SC Paderborn (III)
VfL Osnabrück (III)
Wehen Wiesbaden (III)
Schweinfurt 05 (IV)

The only Bundesliga sides to be sent home were FC Augsburg and Hamburger SV.  They happen to be my relegation predictions so having one less thing to worry about could possibly help them some in the battle to stay up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bundesliga opened today with Bayern defeating Leverkusen 3:1

Bayern was the superior side but definitely looked shaky in the back and were lucky to only concede the one.  The third goal came from a penalty that was awarded through VAR.  I am deinfitely happy to have that in the league this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Goondal said:

One thing that I love about the cups is how top teams play on the road against lower division sides.  Bayern traveling to a third division side is akin to Alabama traveling to Central Michigan.  That would be pretty bleepin' cool to see.

The first round worked out much less that usual for the lower division home sides however.  Only five home sides won with two of those being one 2.Bundesliga squad defeating another.

The only remaining teams from 3.Liga and lower are:
FC Magdeburg (III)
SC Paderborn (III)
VfL Osnabrück (III)
Wehen Wiesbaden (III)
Schweinfurt 05 (IV)

The only Bundesliga sides to be sent home were FC Augsburg and Hamburger SV.  They happen to be my relegation predictions so having one less thing to worry about could possibly help them some in the battle to stay up.

 

Wasn't Paderborn top of the Bundesliga for a few weeks like 2-3 years ago? Surprised to see them all the way down in the 3rd division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

Wasn't Paderborn top of the Bundesliga for a few weeks like 2-3 years ago? Surprised to see them all the way down in the 3rd division.

That they were.  Promoted in '14 to the top flight, they then finished dead last and followed that with a last place finish in the second division.  They actually earned a third straight relegation this season but the (very sad) relegation of TV 1860 München from the second to the fourth division allowed them to stay in 3. Liga

1860 München II actually finished second in the fourth division last season and lost a playoff for promotion to  3. Liga.  Then when the big club was relegated it meant the reserve side had to be bumped to the fifth division.  That has gotta suck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Goondal said:

That they were.  Promoted in '14 to the top flight, they then finished dead last and followed that with a last place finish in the second division.  They actually earned a third straight relegation this season but the (very sad) relegation of TV 1860 München from the second to the fourth division allowed them to stay in 3. Liga

1860 München II actually finished second in the fourth division last season and lost a playoff for promotion to  3. Liga.  Then when the big club was relegated it meant the reserve side had to be bumped to the fifth division.  That has gotta suck.

Seems to be some kind of trend with relegated teams getting relegated the following year as well, I remember it happening to Wolverhampton a few seasons ago after dropping out of the PL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...