• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Cup Qualifiers

Shocker

I would like to see us qualify, then play the kids until and at the World Cup. Squad is subpar this year, and I think we'd be better served giving the youth a run with an eye towards '22, rather than letting the dinosaurs have their last hurrahs. 

Just now, Borat said:

I would like to see us qualify, then play the kids until and at the World Cup. Squad is subpar this year, and I think we'd be better served giving the youth a run, rather than letting the dinosaurs have their last hurrahs. 

I am partly for that.  I think it should be a combination of the two.  Some of the vets need to play but n any position where the choice is close it should go to the young guy

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

US out of the World Cup. :(

It was coming...  US had a whole bunch of people playing there who shouldn’t be there.  When you start almost 35 year old striker as your main striker, it’s a major problem.  90% of those players are awful... Arenas should get the boot as well.  US soccer team just cost US billions in spendings and TV deals.

Almost entire US soccer team is in their 30s and you say “I don’t see the energy...”. You got to be fuging kidding me...

Just now, Still Brooklyn said:

Sets soccer back too in this country.

Many will get fired...  Who ever picked that liability squad and failed to make changes after huge struggles...  The awful field of Trinidad is designed for counterattacks because passing is terrible on that grass... but no, let’s play 35 year old as a main striker.  Who’s he going to run away from?  When you play slow ass forward, you fail to spread the field and generate spaces for attack, you let other players to correct mistakes by getting back.

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Just weren't good enough, changes are needed big time.  Hard to believe.  You could almost see this coming way back.

It was obvious... Arenas is a shitty coach and shouldn’t be coaching anything.  He played weak squad design on passing on a field that is not design on passing.  Mind blowing.  He deserved to lose his job.

4 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

It was obvious... Arenas is a shitty coach and shouldn’t be coaching anything.  He played weak squad design on passing on a field that is not design on passing.  Mind blowing.  He deserved to lose his job.

Arena used to be a decent coach but that move was akin to the Hurney move.  Too conversative and Arena is way past his best days.  But the real issue is that the team just wasnt good enough.  No urgency until the very end and that will cost you every time.  Shame but nobody gets a free pass.  Gotta earn it.

Archived