• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IT - 2017 movie

Cary Kollins

One of the better King adaptations for sure. The kids in the theater seemed to enjoy it too. It was set in the 80s which makes me feel really old, as the book was set in the 50s IIRC. But the kids were all pretty spot on, the girl was a great, great actress that I hope we see more of.

King books always rely on one or two pretty outlandish ideas you have to buy into to get the story and this is no different, and they do a fairly good job of obfuscating this (in this case, its the idea that IT needs fear to live but will kill right away if it feels like it or the story requires it).

The changes to the more off the wall element(s) of the story also required some verbal slight of hand but it went OK. For those of you that remember the book and how the kids were able to actually attack Pennywise, I can only hope you agree....

I loved it.   I don't really watch a lot of horror, definitely not the new kind of stuff, but this was good, nailed the 80's vibe without the cheese.    I didn't mind the CGI honestly, it needed to be different and it's own take on the material and I love how they went with a more "out of this world" Pennywise.    It wasn't scary, but I've never been one to really get like that with movies, but there was some freaky scenes that were cool.     The worst part was the "bad kids" which was almost an element of 80's movies I could have did without or at least a bit different but I thought the movie was great, definitely something you'll want to experience in the theatre as well.      Way more humor than I thought too.  

Very solid movie. I'm actually debating going to see it again in the theaters. I say it mid day, so maybe I'll catch a night show. 

To get ready for IT, I rewatched the TV movie. It was a pretty tough watch to be honest. It was actually horribly bad... maybe IT was scarier for me as a kid...I dunno

I just hope it doesn't turn into a giant spider at the end of chapter 2

6 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

Very solid movie. I'm actually debating going to see it again in the theaters. I say it mid day, so maybe I'll catch a night show. 

To get ready for IT, I rewatched the TV movie. It was a pretty tough watch to be honest. It was actually horribly bad... maybe IT was scarier for me as a kid...I dunno

I just hope it doesn't turn into a giant spider at the end of chapter 2

Mild spoilery stuff here. The director talks a little bit about how they will expand on Pennywise’s background in the sequel. 

I definitely want to see It again without the crazy buildup I had the first time.

Archived