• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IT - 2017 movie

Cary Kollins

Saw it last night. Solid movie because of the kid actors, especially Bill, Richie, Ben, Bev and Eddie. Overall the movie wasn't all that scary, unfortunately. I don't know if that's because I knew how the plot goes, but Pennywise terrorizing the kids wasn't nearly as scary as I hoped it would be. The scariest part was probably Bev's creepy dad tbh. Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise does a fine job. His Pennywise is clearly not from this Earth, and that seems to be more in-line with the book than Tim Curry's version. The director was overly reliant on CGI with Pennywise though imo. The projector scene in the garage was absolute money though.

All in all, the movie is well-made and a definite step in the right direction. I'm always happy to see a rated R horror movie with chops, and the fact that they made this beloved Stephen King adaptation with such attention to detail is a sign of good things to come. I hope the filmmakers learn from the criticism and lay off on the CGI for "Chapter Two" though.

I'd give it 3.5 out of 5.

I never read the book or saw the first movie. Clowns don't scare me and never have. But saying this was a solid movie makes me want to see it more. I like it when kid actors do a great job. Like Stranger Things. I won't go see it in the theater but will definitely rent it when it comes out. Thanks.

Saw it as well.  Really enjoyed it.  I never read the book nor saw the original and knew very little about it.  That probably helped my enjoyment as I tend to enjoy films more that way.

I agree on the CGI, there was too much of it.  It was not that scary, of course I have only really been scared once.  I am not a horror movie fan at all so the fact that I enjoyed it is a positive.

16 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

I read the book after seeing the miniseries as a kid. Loved both. Tim Curry will be hard to top in my opinion, but I'm glad they're remaking it in two separate movies. There's so much great material in the book that never made it into the miniseries. 

Did not realize it was going to be two separate movies.  This is great.  After stranger things I thought a mini series on Netflix (or something of that ilk) would do it justice but two movies will do the trick imo.  

20 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

I read the book after seeing the miniseries as a kid. Loved both. Tim Curry will be hard to top in my opinion, but I'm glad they're remaking it in two separate movies. There's so much great material in the book that never made it into the miniseries. 

to divert a little....

It looks like The Dark Tower is a bomb, so no pick up TV series there..should have been a TV series from the beginning.

3 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Did not realize it was going to be two separate movies.  This is great.  After stranger things I thought a mini series on Netflix (or something of that ilk) would do it justice but two movies will do the trick imo.  

Haven't seen the movie yet, but yeah, they separated the book. No problems with that, I'm not sitting in the theater for 5 hours...or 1...lol I can wait for movies nowadays.

22 hours ago, Moorgan said:

I never read the book or saw the first movie. Clowns don't scare me and never have. But saying this was a solid movie makes me want to see it more. I like it when kid actors do a great job. Like Stranger Things. I won't go see it in the theater but will definitely rent it when it comes out. Thanks.

Clowns don't bother me either...(until I'm in the woods)... I guess that's why the book nor the original scared me much. But I do get the fear. 

Still waiting for a Cujo remake. It could be so much better today, with the right people who understand the character.

Archived