• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2017-2018 Carolina Hurricanes Season

MillionDollarCam

31 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Wallmark and PDG (assuming he clears waivers) are headed to Charlotte.

Only two decisions remain: Necas or Kouk; and Bean or Dahlbeck.

Necas and Dahlbeck are my hopes. Can't go wrong either way. Think Dahlbeck earned his spot last season though.

And there it is, Bean back to the Hitman and Stempnaik to IR (suspected to be out 10-14 days).

Canes practice lines for today were:

Aho - Staal - Lindholm

Kuokkanen - Rask - Teravainen

Skinner - Ryan - Williams

Nordstrom - Kruger - McGinn

Extras: Necas, Jooris

Faulk - Slavin

Hanifin - Pesce

Fleury - Van Riemsdyk

Extra: Dahlbeck

Darling

Ward

It's officially opening day for the Canes. After a long summer of waiting, hockey is back in Carolina for another long season, and we draw Minnesota first. Peters will be expected to put a product on the ice that is ready to make a playoff push. This fan base has waited 8 long years to see a playoff appearance since Pittsburgh destroyed us in 2009. A passionate fan base that needs a winning team to get behind because they simply will not show up to watch a sub .500 team, which means we'll continue to see random Buffalo and Pittsburgh transplants all over PNC. Considering Peters' coaching record is literally finishing right around .500 and sneaking into the playoffs only to see an early exit, I'm not overly optimistic. But the young talent has grown in this system and maybe this is the season where a full 82 games gets put together.

We have two captains, so we have no captains. Not a good start, Peters. But hey, maybe this is meant to transition Faulk into leadership and Staal could be on the outs after the season. Would not be mad about that. Word has it that Staal missed wide left while walking through a doorway during practice this week.

Darling is likely getting the start across from Dubnyk, unless Peters changes his mind. I never know with this guy, honestly. Dubnyk allowed 4 against Detroit to open Minnesota's season. Getting to him early and often will be key. He showed the past two years that he is absolutely their guy in net, and he doesn't typically give up more than a couple of goals, but I think we have the sticks to do it.

The defensive end will be huge. A unit for us that has proven to be one of the best in the league when they're on it, led by Co-Captain Faulk. Eric Staal is coming back into PNC, so that will be interesting to see again. The last true captain we had named on the roster is coming home to see his co-captain brother. Also, Williams is likely going to draw a crowd. A return to where it all started and a key piece to our Stanley Cup, a big season from him would be special.

No word on lines as of yet that I can find, but we'll probably see these lines.

Aho - Staal - Lindholm

Teravainen - Rask - Williams

Skinner - Ryan - Kuokkanen

Nordstrom - Kruger - McGinn

Faulk - Slavin

Hanifin - Pesce

Fleury - Van Riemsdyk

Darling

This requires our 4th line to just be serviceable for their minutes and Fleury to not be completely useless because the other 5 on the blue line will be just fine. Of course, asking Fleury to not be completely useless is asking a whole hell of a lot.

Anyway, let's do this. Go Canes!

Archived