• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video games are dead *rant*

Toolbox

On 10/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, Dex said:

Player Unknown Battlegrounds & CSGO are all you need. Both less than $30. 

I like Fortnite Battle Royal better than pubG  and its FREE .  Yes I know thats  an opinion but really.....the games are much faster and did I mention.....FREE

Part of it is a lack of creativity and poor time value from devs. Unless you have money to throw away I wouldn't bother with buying any of the yearly generic titles like cod, madden, etc unless they're on a massive sale. A lot of games also don't give you that immediate satisfaction anymore either.  That is by dividing up your 'rewards' via loot boxes, crates, whatever the hell, and force you to grind a significant amount through bland and generic gameplay just to get something that boosts your stats so you feel better at the game. I work a poo load of hours week in and week out; that poo isn't worth my time. You look at a lot of older games and you could 'skill' your way through them. "Git gud" was the grind.. not waiting for loot to drop after doing the same 4 things over and over again for hours. That's why Dark Souls, etc are so popular. They reward you for learning the game and getting better at it instead of just throwing things in your face to make you feel better. 

53 minutes ago, Seamonk said:

Part of it is a lack of creativity and poor time value from devs. Unless you have money to throw away I wouldn't bother with buying any of the yearly generic titles like cod, madden, etc unless they're on a massive sale. A lot of games also don't give you that immediate satisfaction anymore either.  That is by dividing up your 'rewards' via loot boxes, crates, whatever the hell, and force you to grind a significant amount through bland and generic gameplay just to get something that boosts your stats so you feel better at the game. I work a poo load of hours week in and week out; that poo isn't worth my time. You look at a lot of older games and you could 'skill' your way through them. "Git gud" was the grind.. not waiting for loot to drop after doing the same 4 things over and over again for hours. That's why Dark Souls, etc are so popular. They reward you for learning the game and getting better at it instead of just throwing things in your face to make you feel better. 

Yup I really love the soul games.. loved em so much that I took the time and effort to platinum every single one of them.. even bloodborne.

My playing time has fizzled to about 10 hours a year and I have a Xbox360 only. I remember when COD started their monthly service which pissed me off enough to be done with consoul games. I also gave up my Xbox live membership which saves me $60 a year. 

I mostly play Star Wars Commander on my phone. It is full of micro transactions. But I have grinder it out for over 2 years and have worked up my base and troops to the highest level without ever spending a dime on the game. I am a perfect example of what the devs probably hate, someone who plays the game free, and never spends any money on it. 

I also modded my Wii and turned it into a NES classic. It’s been fun re-living those games I used to play as a kid.  

I decided to weigh in on this. I loved the first Shadow of Mordor game. I was extremely hyped for the second until I heard about the loot boxes. Everything I read was scaring me away from the game and I had almost reserved myself to waiting until the game went on sale for like $20 to buy it. Then I read a few reviews and pretty much the consensus was this: Shadow of War is a great game. It can be a little grindy towards the end but besides that it's everything and more that the first one was. As far as the loot boxes go just don't pay attention to them. So I decided to pony up and buy the game, and basically everything the reviews said is true. The game is great and loads of fun. I've won some of the loot crates by completing the online vendettas, but besides that I have not even paid attention to that aspect of the game, and nor do I plan on buying any aside from using the in-game currency that is earned.

1 hour ago, Burnout189 said:

I decided to weigh in on this. I loved the first Shadow of Mordor game. I was extremely hyped for the second until I heard about the loot boxes. Everything I read was scaring me away from the game and I had almost reserved myself to waiting until the game went on sale for like $20 to buy it. Then I read a few reviews and pretty much the consensus was this: Shadow of War is a great game. It can be a little grindy towards the end but besides that it's everything and more that the first one was. As far as the loot boxes go just don't pay attention to them. So I decided to pony up and buy the game, and basically everything the reviews said is true. The game is great and loads of fun. I've won some of the loot crates by completing the online vendettas, but besides that I have not even paid attention to that aspect of the game, and nor do I plan on buying any aside from using the in-game currency that is earned.

Yeah the game itself is not the problem.. it's the practice of adding MT and loot crates to SP games.. we don't want to see this become a trend with SP games and want game devs and publishers to stop being so greedy.

9 minutes ago, Toolbox said:

Yeah the game itself is not the problem.. it's the practice of adding MT and loot crates to SP games.. we don't want to see this become a trend with SP games and want game devs and publishers to stop being so greedy.

Oh I am totally in agreement there. I'm just hoping the blow-back from critics and fans over this might give future publishers pause from doing the same thing again. Assassins Creed Origins has loot boxes in it, but they are all only bought with in-game currency only.

41 minutes ago, Burnout189 said:

Oh I am totally in agreement there. I'm just hoping the blow-back from critics and fans over this might give future publishers pause from doing the same thing again. Assassins Creed Origins has loot boxes in it, but they are all only bought with in-game currency only.

Yeah did you see where battlefront 2 is making progression only by lootcrate?? how dumb is that?? They made it where if you spend enough money on lootcrates you can get gold level skills that will dominate those who don't spend the money... so basically pay to win.

Fug. I preordered Battlefront like 5 months ago or whenever you could. Guess the joke is on me. I have the Beta but have only played it once. Haven't had the time. I don't mind a grind away, ignore loot crates type of game on my phone. But when I sit down to play on my tv, I want a real game.

Archived