• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hubby needs your help again.

iamhubby1

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yesterday you said that you have “class”. The day before it was “attack the post not the poster”.

Well done.

I am so delighted that you are so concerned about my posting. I makes me all warm and fuzzy. It really does. It is great that I can count on you to keep me on my toes.

First, we were talking about crass language. I see you forgot about the context. Funny how that is always the case with you.

Second, I have no problem with folks defending themselves. Idiot boy was being a troll, so I trolled him back. Even Steven. And eye for an eye sort of thing.

You attacked @Saca for his writing style, not the context. You can see the difference? Right?

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I am so delighted that you are so concerned about my posting. I makes me all warm and fuzzy. It really does. It is great that I can count on you to keep me on my toes.

First, we were talking about crass language. I see you forgot about the context. Funny how that is always the case with you.

Second, I have no problem with folks defending themselves. Idiot boy was being a troll, so I trolled him back. Even Steven. And eye for an eye sort of thing.

You attacked @Saca for his writing style, not the context. You can see the difference? Right?

*Yawn*

You try to hard

At the end of the day I know I can be a jackass, don’t pretend to be some angel when you’re not far behind. 

14 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

*Yawn*

You try to hard

At the end of the day I know I can be a jackass, don’t pretend to be some angel when you’re not far behind. 

Ok, here it is. I try my level best to be civil to folks. I usually ignore trolls. I will defend myself when someone throws shade my way. And I firmly believe there are certain words that should be left out of a Public Forum. 

Pretty much me in a nutshell.

7 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Thanks for the support. I was trying to figure out how to respond to PrU and remain civil. I mean hellz bellz, there was football before the Panthers.

And for the record. I pulled for the Panthers a few week back. And would pull for the Panthers in any subsequent games. I still love me some Lions, cuz we go way back. But I am a proud Panther fan.

I hear you.  I was a huge Baltimore Colt fan for many years.  Fortunately for me when they left Baltimore I was furious and would not follow them to Indy.  From 84 to 93 I was a fan without a team.  My favorite team during that span was the Giants.  1.  LT was from UNC and played with my brother (walk on nothing special) and

2. I hated the Cowboys and Redskins so much that I loved watching the Giants beating them. 

Once the Panthers came into existence it has been all Carolina.

I do like the Ravens since my hero used to support them prior to his death in 2002.  Johnny Unitas.

You seem confused by the blow back you're getting here.  You came to a Panthers board to ask Panthers fans to cheer for another team (which will have absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game), and you're surprised that they don't want to join you in supporting another team?  Wow.

5 hours ago, rhyslloyd said:

You seem confused by the blow back you're getting here.  You came to a Panthers board to ask Panthers fans to cheer for another team (which will have absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game), and you're surprised that they don't want to join you in supporting another team?  Wow.

I was not expecting an avalanche of support. I was however, hoping a few of my fellow Huddlerz would support my cause. This shaped up about how I had foreseen. Some folks would support me, and some folks would be snarky.

I am not asking folks to change their allegiances. But....there are a lot of us that had a team before the Panthers came along. Most of us have kept that allegiance. Although it has mostly taken a back seat to the Panthers.

If you don't want to help me support a team I have rooted for for over 50 years. So be it.

10 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I was not expecting an avalanche of support. I was however, hoping a few of my fellow Huddlerz would support my cause. This shaped up about how I had foreseen. Some folks would support me, and some folks would be snarky.

I am not asking folks to change their allegiances. But....there are a lot of us that had a team before the Panthers came along. Most of us have kept that allegiance. Although it has mostly taken a back seat to the Panthers.

If you don't want to help me support a team I have rooted for for over 50 years. So be it.

But there's literally an entire fanbase of people who support your cause.  They're called Lions fans.  I'm sure they even have their own message board. This is a Panthers board.  I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

But there's literally an entire fanbase of people who support your cause.  They're called Lions fans.  I'm sure they even have their own message board. This is a Panthers board.  I don't get it.

The Panthers were not playing. A team that I have been rooting for since the early 60s, was. So I asked my Huddle Brethren to help support my Lions against the Packers.

I have rooted for the Lions for over 50 years. I am not going to turn that off, just because the good Lord saw fit to put a franchise in my back yard. One I could invest in from the get go. 

Maybe to you younger guys/gals that have only rooted for the Panthers, this seems weird. But to us older folks who had a team before the Panthers? It is asking a lot for us to just drop our allegiance.

I do belong to a Lions Message Board. It is no where near as active as this one. It is actually rather boring.

6 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

Now that's a classy response. Much respect for you sir...KEEP IT CLASSY HUBBY!

Well thank you. I guess I lost my way for a while there. I hope this wake up call can get me back on track. 

There truly is a right way, and a wrong way, to fight the good fight. And I definitely lost my bearings. Oh well, on to the next fight.

Archived