• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera

iamhubby1

20 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I agree our Offense must improve. Nah, must improve in the Red Zone. Normally we move the ball well between the 20s. But like a lot of teams. When we hit the Red Zone, we tend to have a hard time. In 15, we were near the top in Red Zone Efficiency. If we get back to that, or close, our Offense will look much better.

Sure we are not perfect. But we have a really good team. We play a very disciplined, physical game. Most teams cannot compete with that. We will need our Red Zone Offense to pick it up, if we want to compete against the better teams. That I can agree with.

No doubt.  We have seen Shula's creativity but I want to see more of it.  If he ran more of those interesting plays from similar standard formation than you put that thought into defenses minds that it might be another one of those plays and they have to hesitate which would open things up.

I keep thinking of how KC does it.  They run so many creative plays that teams do just as I mentioned.  They look out for them.  Shula has the mind for it but not the balls.

4 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

So...are you asking me a question? Or making a statement? Because you just confused the Schmitt out of me.

I have no idea why folks are wanting to get rid of Rivera. Well, I have heard the complaints, of which, many may be valid. However, looking at the big picture? I don't see the advantage of getting rid of him.

Hurndog may scare the begebus out of me. But Rivera has earned my support.

See John Fox on the Broncos. I truly believe Rivera to be a great guy and mediocre coach. Mich like Foxy, who was able to do great things with the Broncos, but the FO knew he couldn’t get them over the hump to win it all. 

Guess how that story ended.

Not saying I want RR gone per say, but I can understand the sentiment without getting all Hubby about it. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

One magic season is great.

Perennial contending seasons are better.

And honestly, can you really call it magic if we didn't win it all?

2013, 2014, 2015 all play off seasons. 2017 is on course to do so. 

And yeah, 2015 would be called a Cinderella season, the clock struck 12, though. 

And in the end, who is out there available and willing, who would be better?

(Here come to Cowher and Gruden calls.)

Chances are that any replacement coaching staff is going to be worse, much worse. 

1 hour ago, jayflip said:

See John Fox on the Broncos. I truly believe Rivera to be a great guy and mediocre coach. Mich like Foxy, who was able to do great things with the Broncos, but the FO knew he couldn’t get them over the hump to win it all. 

Guess how that story ended.

Not saying I want RR gone per say, but I can understand the sentiment without getting all Hubby about it. 

Fox and Rivera, both coaches who got the Panthers to the Superb Owl. You realize how few head coaches actually make it there, right?

Overall I think Rivera is a good fit and as had good success.  However he hasn't delivered two things long time Carolina fans crave.  A ring, and back to back winning seasons.  That's pretty funny though because if you look at the Panthers playoff appearances since 2013 it among the best in the league.  If we get back to the playoffs this year that's 4 out of the 5 past seasons we made the playoffs.  Not indicative of a team without back to backing winning seasons.  

As long as Rivera keeps getting us to the playoffs I'm cool.  If you keep getting to the playoffs at some point you're gonna bring home the Lombardi, unless your Buffalo, KC, Minnesota, or Atlanta.

Archived