• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera

iamhubby1

You know what. We did have a MAGIC year in 2015. But how many teams have done that? Does not a coach that can deliver that, DESERVE some credit?

We are 6-3. We are in the thick of things. Yet again. We HAVE had SUCCESS in the recent past. We have a coach that has proven to be able to lead a team to the Promised land. Yet, that seems to be somehow less than acceptable?

I don't get it.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One magic season is great.

Perennial contending seasons are better.

And honestly, can you really call it magic if we didn't win it all?

Baby steps- get to where you have winning seasons in a row. Build a team slowly, but create a juggernaut. Up and down is not the way.

Fire Gettleman and bring in the Hurninator. Lather, rinse repeat. Enjoy it now, it only gets worse.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One magic season is great.

Perennial contending seasons are better.

And honestly, can you really call it magic if we didn't win it all?

Come on. 15-1, and a SuperB owl. Yes, I call that a magical season.

It took Rivera two years to become basically a perennial playoff team. As we have missed the playoff once since then. And it looks as though we are headed that way again.

I mean. What more can he do?

10 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Would like consistency, wish he string together a few winning seasons 

Is not the goal at the beginning of the season to make the playoffs? Once you get there, anything is possible. Well, we have been there 3 out of the last 4 years. And look to make it again this year.

That seems pretty consistent to me.

5 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

He had arguably the 2 best players in the league in 2015. This team has 4 sure fire hall of famers. It’s not Rivera. He is no different than Mike Brown when he was coaching the Cavs with Lebron

This isn't basketball. You need more than a few great player to make the playoffs. I mean, c'mon man.

Cam and Luke are great. But they are not the two best players in the league. Don't over exaggerate trying to under value Rivera's accomplishments.

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

Is not the goal at the beginning of the season to make the playoffs? Once you get there, anything is possible. Well, we have been there 3 out of the last 4 years. And look to make it again this year.

That seems pretty consistent to me.

WE didn't have anything to do with making the playoffs in that 7-9-1 year, the rest of the NFCS just sucked more.  So as far as I'm concerned he had 2 good years out of 6. 

3 minutes ago, csx said:

We are contending.

15-1 made people believe that should happen every year. That's not realistic.

Not sure what it is about some Panther fans. They just assume winning is a birth rite. We have had more success in our short existence than a whole lot of team. Yet, for some reason, that just ain't enough.

6 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

WE didn't have anything to do with making the playoffs in that 7-9-1 year, the rest of the NFCS just sucked more.  So as far as I'm concerned he had 2 good years out of 6. 

Quantify it however you wish. The fact remains. We have made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years. And are looking strong to make it again this year.

If the goal is to make the playoffs, which we seem to be doing quite regularly lately. What more can Rivera do?

And it was 7-8-1. If you are going to throw shade at Rivera. Maybe you could, you know, get your facts correct.

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Quantify it however you wish. The fact remains. We have made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years. And are looking strong to make it again this year.

If the goal is to make the playoffs, which we seem to be doing quite regularly lately. What more can Rivera do?

Why do you not include his first 2 years, I don't understand how they are not relative.  Anyway, I know that there are a lot worse options out there as head coach.  We have had a few bad ones over the year, and Rivera might be our best coach in Carolina.  TBH, I would be okay with RR If he ever got rid of Shula.  But, we all know he wont.

Archived