• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Altered Carbon

Harbingers

Was talking about it with a buddy of mine and he thinks that if they do more seasons, they will cover the 30ish years between Altered Carbon and Broken Angels.  This would avoid the discontinuity they created with the changes.

I think he may be on to something.

18 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Was talking about it with a buddy of mine and he thinks that if they do more seasons, they will cover the 30ish years between Altered Carbon and Broken Angels.  This would avoid the discontinuity they created with the changes.

I think he may be on to something.

I’m not to sure on this, the purpose is kind of each book is it’s own separate entity, while maintaining the through line of going back to avenge Sarah(the unnamed chick from the first scene.) Who was Taks actual love. Not Quellcrist. 

Basically they condensed for those that don’t know, none of this is spoilers

Sarah - the girl from the first scene. His actual love. And the event/person that started everything. 

Virginia - his actual boss/trainer from the Envoys when he served in them. And the one that talks to him in his brain via conditioning. 

Quellcrist - A anti capitalism fighter known for going into storage for hundreds of years before returning to the fight. Who started the fight 300 years ago. Not a friend, mentor or head of the Envoys. Nor invent stacks. 

I honest don’t get why they did that. Except to condense it down. I get combining Sarah and Quellcrist. Having him be part of the rebellion and even them getting wiped out. 

I just don’t get removing Virginia. Or changing the Rawlings Virus event. 

I could see it especially since they need to show him searching for Quell now that they have made that the story arc and they will probably want to keep the audience grounded. However I hope they just throw the audience straight into Broken Angels. It’s completely different style, story and feel. THEN maybe revisit the time in between later in the season. I would just love see that be a hard cut rather then a soft phase.

The other thing I don’t get get and sorry for turning this into a rant. But by changing all that what they really are going to do if they stick to the books in Woken Furies. They shot that book to poo in a lot of ways. Including the importance of angel fire and how it was use.

However you are right if they want to drag the show into more seasons then three seasons it is a good place for it, thematically speaking. 

I would with the changes they made conclude the story after Woken Furies, with heavy influence from RKM. But hey maybe they will do both.

14 minutes ago, Datawire said:

Has anyone had to turn on subtitles during any episodes?

The dialogue sometimes seems mixed poorly or it seems to me there is some mumbling from a couple of actors going on.

There is no such thing as actors mumbling unless the scripts require. It’s either designed that way, to give you another perspective or just a bad mix overall. And considering the budget. 

On 2/20/2018 at 9:54 AM, Datawire said:

Has anyone had to turn on subtitles during any episodes?

The dialogue sometimes seems mixed poorly or it seems to me there is some mumbling from a couple of actors going on.

Some of the techno sci-fi terminology added to this IMO,  I had to rewind a few times to make out some dialog.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great show. I binged it over a couple of days. Only a couple of things bugged me, like him running to try and stop things, instead of using a flying car, when time was of the essence and he had plenty of money. 

SPOILER-ish question for those of you that read the books: Was Kovacs' relationship with is sister as intense/creepy as it was in the show? 

46 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Great show. I binged it over a couple of days. Only a couple of things bugged me, like him running to try and stop things, instead of using a flying car, when time was of the essence and he had plenty of money. 

SPOILER-ish question for those of you that read the books: Was Kovacs' relationship with is sister as intense/creepy as it was in the show? 

Spoiler: that character did not exist in the books.  That role was just another of the super wealthy class living forever class. As well the Jesus freak was not a Jesus freak but probably the most badass chick in the books. As a stand alone show it’s great. But that was one of the biggest changes they made from the books. 

There is a lot of fuged up/creepy/intense/sadistic poo in the books they didn’t even touch on in the show. With good reason. 

Archived