• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Last Jedi *Spoilers*

Darth Biscuit

2 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Ok cool - as a kid I loved the original Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and return of the Jedi. Was obsessed with them really. 

Still enjoy the new ones but I got lost somewhere along the way when it comes to the storylines, timelines and characters. 

Yo, on an unrelated note, I'll be in Charlotte this weekend for the Christmas party and we're going to the game Sunday...  if you're around, hit me up on here or text me if you still have my # and I will swing by and punch yo... I mean, talk to you...

Just now, chknwing said:

that whole mission for fin and Rose was 45 minutes of pointless movie.  It accomplished absolutely nothing if the point was to grow a relationship between Rose and Finn they killed her 15 minutes later anyways

She's not dead.  But I don't disagree that that was a flimsy plot...

46 minutes ago, chknwing said:

that whole mission for fin and Rose was 45 minutes of pointless movie.  It accomplished absolutely nothing if the point was to grow a relationship between Rose and Finn they killed her 15 minutes later anyways

Yeah she's alive lol.

I agree that was too much time for that mission, I do like how it showed the grey area of Star Wars that we never see, but we didn't need it to last as long.   I'm actually happy the mission failed though.

1 hour ago, cookinwithgas said:

So I need to see it again, but why did the Del Toro character get these guys out of prison, involve a huge chase, then smuggle them on to the dreadnaught and all the way to the thing they needed to get to on it, THEN have them captured? I must have missed a plot explanation - I was pretty focused on the Luke Rey stuff...

I'm assuming once Del Toro took control of that ship, he decided to sell them out and reach out, probably before he even picked up Finn, but maybe after while he was flying, it's really hard to tell.     He may have already did it when he was talking to Finn about "grey areas" and how empire and rebels buy weapons from the same place.     I mean, let's be honest, there was probably a bigger payday to be had with the Order than Rebels anyway.  

I am still agreeing strongly that the Rose Finn thing was off kilter but looking back on it, I think it was a great sequence for younger kids. There was a lot of heavyweight drama going on that may make the kiddies restless, and that subplot was familiar and Disney preachy for them. Need to remember that the movie is not written just for middle aged nerds.

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I'm assuming once Del Toro took control of that ship, he decided to sell them out and reach out, probably before he even picked up Finn, but maybe after while he was flying, it's really hard to tell.     He may have already did it when he was talking to Finn about "grey areas" and how empire and rebels buy weapons from the same place.     I mean, let's be honest, there was probably a bigger payday to be had with the Order than Rebels anyway.  

this makes sense thank you, along with his speech on the weapons sales and my idea that this was really a sequence for kids getting in some Star Wars values

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

It really just caused a bunch of people to die and it kind of ruined Poe's character imo

1 hour ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Yo, on an unrelated note, I'll be in Charlotte this weekend for the Christmas party and we're going to the game Sunday...  if you're around, hit me up on here or text me if you still have my # and I will swing by and punch yo... I mean, talk to you...

The Christmas Party? 

2 hours ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Cool - What Christmas party? I wanna go! 

You doing the RR tailgate? I might make the ride down for it if you are. 

10 minutes ago, PantherKing1983 said:

I kept fallling asleep during the middle of the film didnt tune back in full time til the stuff starting happening again aboard snokes ship.  

bb8 being the "childrens " character how is it hes the one who racked up the most kills 

I'm headed out now to go catch a 3:45p showing. Glad I read this....reminded me to grab a 5 hour energy shot on the way. 

Archived