• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Black Mirror

Bronn

On 1/8/2018 at 2:06 PM, cookinbrak said:

Maybe I interpreted it differently, but having the government/a machine tell you who to date or marry is horrible.

Metalhead was great, could have actually been a longer movie. Ending sucked, tho. I would have thrown the bed out and had a walled fortress.

It was a simulation. They weren’t being forced or told in actuality. But it begs the question if simulated people have right or agency. I mean they are just numbers but they are us. 

At the end of episode all there was is the app telling the two people they are an 98.2 percent match because of the simulations they ran.

F****CKING Love Black Mirror!

Wife and took the day off work just to binge it.

All the episodes were solid, thought this season stood out a little more than season 3, Black Museum was my favorite, each one of those storys in the museum felt like it could have been a standalone 1hr episode.

Metalhead… hated it, might go back and watch it again after reading some of the + comments in this thread, perhaps I missed something

Metalhead was the one with the kick ass robot dogs? That was a fun episode. I was kinda rooting for the dogs. Also cool reveal of what they were trying to get from the warehouse (which was also in the black museum as well). But I liked how they didn't slow the story down with WHY it was a dystopia. It's a dystopia...shut it and move on. :)

8 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Metalhead was the one with the kick ass robot dogs? That was a fun episode. I was kinda rooting for the dogs. Also cool reveal of what they were trying to get from the warehouse (which was also in the black museum as well). But I liked how they didn't slow the story down with WHY it was a dystopia. It's a dystopia...shut it and move on. :)

That’s the reason I hated the episode. They offered nothing to why it was like that or why the dogs where killing people. 

2 hours ago, Jangler said:

1.2 powering the world on American Idol, and with AI taking over.

This is almost reality....

Like many episodes, that one is a great example of the lengths people will go to for fame/social acceptance.

On 1/7/2018 at 8:33 AM, Chaos said:

I thought the Play Test episode was awesome in S3.  Virtual Reality at a whole new level!

That was 1 of 2 that I did not watch for whatever reason. Watched it last night and thought it was very good. Didn't care for the ending much for whatever reason but still very entertaining. 

The last one I have remaining to watch is The Waldo Moment then I am done. : (

PurityControl started a thread in the Lounge but for those of you that liked Black Mirror, check out P.K Dicks Electric Dreams on Amazon. Very similar concept from what I can tell. I only watched one episode so far (Human Is with Bryan Cranston) but really liked it. 

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/15/16893038/amazon-video-electric-dreams-philip-k-dick

Archived