• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Will Begin Conducting GM Interviews This Week

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Do you not realize how ridiculous you are coming across right now? Firing DG was stupid but JR did so for whatever reason. Hurney actually made sense as an interim before a full on GM search after the year. The team getting put up for sale changed things though and if Hurney stays it's only for the reason that we need a GM and who else would take the job with new ownership coming in? This isn't about Hurney at all.

No, it's all about Hurney.  Don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise.  Hurney is not the answer for anything other than being JRs bitch.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Of course he did.  Why else keep the guy around. I'd be willing to be he signed a confidentiality agreement too keep his mouth shut also.

I think that's the kind of thing that really ought to be investigated.

Don't expect any of the local journalists would do it except maybe Jourdan Rodrigue (heck, might be worth asking her about).

But it's more likely the only real chance of anyone asking these questions will be the NFL once they get their investigation going.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think that's the kind of thing that really ought to be investigated.

Don't expect any of the local journalists would do it except maybe Jourdan Rodrigue (heck, might be worth asking her about).

But it's more likely the only real chance of anyone asking these questions will be the NFL once they get their investigation going.

Some tough questions should be asked for sure.  This smells of a cover-up from the top down.

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

If Richardson wants to set Marty up, just give him some of that Bojangles money. 

I am so grateful we'll have a new owner soon to toss hurney out once and for all

Assuming we don't get someone who agrees to follow Richardson's wishes and keep him.

That could happen.

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

If Richardson wants to set Marty up, just give him some of that Bojangles money. 

I am so grateful we'll have a new owner soon to toss hurney out once and for all

I would not count on that at this point.  Until the new owner is announced and it turns out to be none of the current owners then I might have hope that true changes will take place.  Until then, it's just business as usual.

5 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Felix Sabates cares more about parking than winning. New owner =\= better owner.

1 minute ago, Car123 said:

Felix Sabates cares more about parking than winning. New owner =\= better owner.

I don't want sabates to own the team. But we already know what we have in Jerry.. A meddling owner that will install yes men and friends to keep people happy. At least a new owner gives us a chance at a new philosophy. One that focuses on winning more than feelings, hopefully 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

"Ownership" is still Jerry Richardson.

So at this point we'd be "trusting the ownership" that fired a successful GM in order to rehire a guy who only produced three winning seasons out of eleven and bungled multiple draft picks.

Yeah, "trust ownership" :crying:

FIFY

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm mean JR did appoint a cheerleader to run the team, it only stands to reason he make a radio guy the GM.  

I’m normally one to say stuff like this, but that’s kind of messed up man. Just because she was a cheerleader doesn’t mean she doesn’t have the knowledge to run the team in the interim. May not have experience, but a lot of times people don’t have experience and are required to jump in the fire anyway.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or they have an agreement with JR to follow his wishes.

Yes, that would absolutely suck, but unfortunately it's quite possible.

When I said a few weeks ago that the new owner or owners were probably already onboard with JR you labeled me a conspiracy theorist or something similar.  I see you are beginning to believe.

Archived