• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Will Begin Conducting GM Interviews This Week

bobsfoodbasics

I think it's likely we hire Jimmy Raye III as GM. This will be Jerry's way of mending fences with the franchise by hiring a minority for the GM position. At least this is what I hope.

Either way getting rid of Shula and Hurney would be a step in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

I think it's likely we hire Jimmy Raye III as GM. This will be Jerry's way of mending fences with the franchise by hiring a minority for the GM position. At least this is what I hope.

Either way getting rid of Shula and Hurney would be a step in the right direction.

At this point anyone should be an improvement over Hurney as long as they have no ties to JR.

From David Newton (link)

A committee led by Tina Becker, who was named the chief operating officer last month after the NFL began investigating Richardson for workplace misconduct, will conduct the interviews.

Rivera, who has stated he likes working with Hurney, will likely be on the committe too.

Yeah, we're screwed on this.

41 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

And how do we know this...?

JR has put personal relationships above business more often than he has not. we know JR is good friends with hurney and they have a compatibility with one another. hurney’s been more of an appendage for JR than a legitimate general manager for a long time. to take care of the day to day poo like scouting and contracts that JR doesn’t want to be bothered with.

in the end, JR knows that hurney will always follow through on his wishes of how the team is to be run and who gets to stay, and whether or not it’s good for football is irrelevant. they are one in the same and i can’t wait until both of them are gone. with JR the writing is on the wall and we will have a new majority owner soon. i just hope the new owner has his head screwed on straight so that we can see hurney walk out the door sooner rather than later. he should’ve never been brought back to begin with.

Well, turns out there are potentially some additional candidates.

Who, you ask?

So one outside (Rooney Rule) candidate and a bunch of internal candidates who have never been a GM against the current interim GM...

Oh yeah, I'm sure this will be a very thorough search for the right person.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, turns out there are potentially some additional candidates.

Who, you ask?

So one outside (Rooney Rule) candidate and a bunch of internal candidates who have never been a GM against the current interim GM...

Oh yeah, I'm sure this will be a very thorough search for the right person.

LOL

1 minute ago, blackcat said:

If Hurn dog is hired, then I’m taking it as a sign that the minority owners have come up with an agreement with JR and are buying him out.  

I have thought that from the time it was announced.  I just can't see JR going quietly into the sunset without ensuring "his" team is set up to be run the way he wants to be.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I have thought that from the time it was announced.  I just can't see JR going quietly into the sunset without ensuring "his" team is set up to be run the way he wants to be.

It just makes sense for it to happen that way. Why conduct a GM search/interviews when a new owner is going to want his guy?  It’s a waste of time unless that ‘new’ owner is simply the old owners who were happy with Hurney for so long.  

Archived