• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Parker Wants to Come Back Home

AppHeel

Just now, Palmetto said:

I would rather build a team thru the draft. Are you not tired of signing cast offs  only to release them and sign another cast off?

Pretty sure we have the same amount of draft picks regardless of signing mid tier starters. I would rather know we have veteran leadership to groom our draft picks than throw them into the fire before they are ready...

Not really sure why anyone wouldn't feel the same about that...

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Pretty sure we have the same amount of draft picks regardless of signing mid tier starters. I would rather know we have veteran leadership to groom our draft picks than throw them into the fire before they are ready...

Not really sure why anyone wouldn't feel the same about that...

Yea that shouldnt have started this season though

Just now, Palmetto said:

Yea that shouldnt have started this season though

Okay. I'm the biggest proponent of "build through the draft" that you'll meet. That's why I get excited about value signings and saving cap to resign our players. Now let me paint a clear picture for you as to how signing stop gap free agents help you succeed in the NFL by using some of our recent examples.

Ted Ginn, Kurt Coleman, Roman Harper, Michael Oher and Charles Tillman. 

Those "signings we will just cut a year later" played key roles in helping us go 15-1 and make it to a super bowl... 

Do you understand this or do you think we could have used 4th, 5th and 6th round draft picks to get the same production?

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Okay. I'm the biggest proponent of "build through the draft" that you'll meet. That's why I get excited about value signings and saving cap to resign our players. Now let me paint a clear picture for you as to how signing stop gap free agents help you succeed in the NFL by using some of our recent examples.

Ted Ginn, Kurt Coleman, Roman Harper, Michael Oher and Charles Tillman. 

Those "signings we will just cut a year later" played key roles in helping us go 15-1 and make it to a super bowl... 

Do you understand this or do you think we could have used 4th, 5th and 6th round draft picks to get the same production?

Years later we still need to fill those exact same positions! 

Now watch the Panthers repeat the process of pushing need to the back of the draft instead instead 1st 2nd and 3rds  because they signed Starters in free agency instead

If youre excited about a player cool but dont message me all day about it

22 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Now watch the Panthers repeat the process of pushing need to the back of the draft instead instead 1st 2nd and 3rds  because they signed Starters in free agency instead

Seems like every year since the beginning of time the Panthers' needs include OT, S, CB, and WR.

25 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Cap space is what keeps you from retaining everyone! You can ONLY build through the draft because of CAP SPACE. There will always be positions of need on literally every team in the league. 

Holy fugging poo man

Makes too much sense if the money is right.  Doesn't seem like he's ever commanded more than a few million, he's 30, he's local, he wants to be here..

Sign him now. Draft a safety still (worried that's the plan and the only plan), but sign Parker. Gives insurance if we don't land a safety, insurance for old man Adams, insurance so Colin Jones doesn't see the field much, etc.

Parker at FS, Elliott drafted for SS and Cox as depth. I really think Adams will be a cap casualty to add salary cap flexibility. He doesn't cost a lot, but I feel that his $2M is going to be more important than his presence if we bring in a solid vet and a solid draft in R1 or R2

Archived