• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Infinity Wars spoilers discussion

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Which comes out first though? A4 or GoG3? Because ... Mantis, Drax, Star Lord, and Groot are gone. There is no team, lol. Except the rabbit!

I think Stark will sacrifice himself, not Cap. But is the Soul Stone a one-for-one? Meaning a lot have to sacrifice themselves to bring the others back? Or will Tony doing it be enough? I think the dream about Pepper and him having a kid will ring true, and he'll definitely be making the ultimate sacrifice. I don't want him and Suri to be able to somehow use tech no bring people back. That's weak.

Pretty sure he has the power now to fix it. Nebula is the only way the gauntlet gets away from him.

the only two movies coming out before av4 are antman and captain marvel

17 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The effects will be undone when Captain Marvel flys round and round the planet at such a high rate of speed that she is able to go back in time and stop Thanos before he completes his mission.  

No, she will simply look at thanos and undo everything he did and then...boom. The Great Wall of China is rebuilt.

While Thanos' motivation for killing half of the universe is different than in the comics, I don't think doing a female manifestation of death and Thanos trying to impress "her" by giving 50% of the population is really where they wanted to go with this. So the idea that he is doing it for everyone else's sake (for their own good) does detract from the sheer psycho that he is as a character, it does give him a surface level motivation to do evil not just because he's evil.

However, it does seem like the Nebula portion of the storyline can still work (her stealing the gauntlet). Not sure if Adam Warlock will come out of his cocoon to be the one to put on the glove but it would make sense. Because then getting him to get rid of the Infinity Stones can be the plotline of whomever survives for GotG 3.

As for Ms Marvel or Captain Marvel (whichever name they use), I'll be curious to how they deal with her and specifically how the hell Tony gets off of Titan. Who is he there with? And his armor is jacked. Can they salvage/repair a spaceship? If they do, does he know where to go? Etc. 

I think in the end, because the deaths of half of the heores are known to be undone, I think there will be some real sacrifices when it's done. The obvious to expect to die is Cap but I fully expect Thor and Dr Strange to live because I think they will progress the MCU into the next stage. Along with Black Panther and Spiderman. There's your new Avengers post Thanos. Maybe the rest die or retire but either way I think they are done with huge roles.

Sure the movie has some holes but as I read pointed out somewhere, when a god, a raccoon, a tree and a giant dwarf forge an axe from the heart of a dying star to try and kill a Mad Titan...you have to kind of see the movie for what it is and enjoy the ride.

I could also see Thor being killed off, or taking time off to travel the Universe or some poo while Captain Marvel takes his place as the most over-powered Avenger. Kevin Feige is on record saying MCU Captain Marvel is by far the most powerful superhero yet, so she's going to kick all kinds of ass.

oh poo.  https://movieweb.com/avengers-4-wont-change-infinity-war-events/

Infinity War screenwriters Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus are warning MCU fans that Avengers 4 won't do what they're all expecting it to do. Markus goes on to say that the deaths are "real." Additionally, Markus has a message for MCU fans. He had this to say.

"Avengers 4 doesn't do what you think it does. It is a different movie than you think it is. Also... (the deaths are) real. I just want to tell you it's real, and the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to move on to the next stage of grief."

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

Infinity War screenwriters Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus are warning MCU fans that Avengers 4 won't do what they're all expecting it to do. Markus goes on to say that the deaths are "real." Additionally, Markus has a message for MCU fans. He had this to say.

"Avengers 4 doesn't do what you think it does. It is a different movie than you think it is. Also... (the deaths are) real. I just want to tell you it's real, and the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to move on to the next stage of grief."

Don't buy it. No way Spiderman stays dead. 

11 hours ago, chknwing said:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/30/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-release-window-revealed/

During a Facebook Live Q&A with fans yesterday, Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn revealed that the film will hit theaters in almost exactly two years, which likely means that it will hit theaters in the May 1, 2020 spot previously reserved for an undisclosed Marvel film.

This is not much of a surprise: Guardians of the Galaxy have become a massive tentpole for Marvel, who typically release the movies in which they have the most faith in May.

So who is going to be in Guardians III?

I don't believe for one second that Black Panther and Spider-Man are done lol.     They are crazy.

Loki and Vision, sure, maybe Stark or Cap by the end of the next movie, or someone like Winter Soldier, but from the first movie, I only think Loki and Vision are gone.   And even those two, I'm not sure honestly.    

There's no way Gamora is gone either, Guardians is one of their flagship movies I doubt they'll mess it up.

1 hour ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

Im interested to see how they use Captain Marvel in the next Avengers 4. Does she take on the Warlock role from the comics? I wonder if her solo movie has anything to do with the soul stone. 

Her movie comes first and will likely spend half it's time introducing her. Which is fine, but then I expect them to jump to current time to bridge going into Avengers 4. Also I don't believe that nonsense above at all. The deaths aren't real when you have movies announced for characters that are "dead".

Archived