• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Business Side Changes Would You Like to See?

I would like to see the Panthers logo in the middle of the field too, but that's not high on my list.

Concession prices are out of control, I would like to see that changed.

I think they should lower the bar just a little as far as statues are concerned.  Smitty should have one for sure.  Ditto for Wesley Walls--he played for us for seven seasons and made the Pro Bowl in five of them.  Sam Mills played for us for three years and was great, but since his tenure there have been others who've made as much or more of an impact that haven't gotten their recognition.  I want to see Peppers and TD outside BofA someday.  It would be cool to be able to walk around the stadium and remember older players like that.  It's not like they're retiring their numbers.

Security sucks, but I'm not sure anyone is going to be able to fix that.  So other than those, I would leave things alone.

1 hour ago, Reebis21 said:

It’s been only been mentioned once in this thread but literally hundreds of times over the years on “Carolinahuddle” but can somebody tell me why the lack of a Panthers logo at midfield irks y’all so bad? For somebody who has never thought twice about the issue, what makes it such a “must”?

I've never understood why it's so important to so many either. It doesn't affect game play or the fan experience to me, so meh.

2 hours ago, sharkkiller said:

Everywhere is sweatingly hot in the south in July. Wofford is a good thing. It helps reinforce the Carolina part of the Carolina Panthers. The facilities have been upgraded there, both for fans and the team. With the shuttles parking is a non issue, and there are not many teams who have fan access like the Panthers do. I hope they do not change training camp at all. Unless it was yo move it to Furman University.  But that is just because it is closer to home for me.

Wofford is too connected to JR. To many reminders of him with a team trying to distance themselves from his tarnished image I expect a change without a doubt. I am not opposed to somewhere else in SC but Wofford isn't going to be it. Plus the contracts almost up.

- I would like to see training camp moved around the Carolinas. Hosting it in Raleigh, Wofford, Charlotte, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Columbia, Wilmington, and Fayetteville.

- Uniform and helmet changes. Upgrade the looks of these.

- Cheaper merchandise (probably will not happen but eh)

- Not sure if business move but get rid of NFL logo at midfield and replace it with the Panther logo.

- More fan interaction online (More social media, more videos, more player interviews, more coaches interviews, etc). Twitter is great already, no changes needed.

2 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

It’s been only been mentioned once in this thread but literally hundreds of times over the years on “Carolinahuddle” but can somebody tell me why the lack of a Panthers logo at midfield irks y’all so bad? For somebody who has never thought twice about the issue, what makes it such a “must”?

I think most of it has to do with Jerry's dying love for the shield. If it benefitted the shield, then it took precedence over the team. It was the ultimate salute to who came first. So now, we all want that tradition to die. 

At first I was all for the idea of a roaming training camp because for fans it would be cool but now i hate it.  I think a familiar home away from home for the players is needed for training camp. I don't want Cam or TD having to get directions and get lost in an unknown city every off season.  Its also a logistical nightmare.  I think them knowing their diggs and facility and local surroundings is important for continuity. The rookies and new FAs should be the only ones coming to camp uncomfortable.  For that reason we either need to move it to Charlotte or a new location and keep it there but agree 100% it needs to move from Wofford after this training camp.   

Uniform and helmet 100%.  I am sick of the sparkly silver helmets.  - unfortunately newly upgraded logos and styles means new merch with new pricing :)

I had an idea about the statue.  Keep the panthers up and take JR down and mothball him (unless real Jerry wants him.)  Then in ~5 years when JR dies make a discreet and behind the scenes memorial of past owners.  Maybe this is in the offices or in a "museum" one day. JR is literally handing a ball off so it could be made that its a statue handing the ball to Tepper and not a shrine of JR but a memorial.  The "past owners park" would be a spot to see our history and be much less in your face.  

Changes I would like (not necessarily business-related)

Invest  heavily in analyzing, finding, and hiring the best available scouts, contract negotiators, coaches, etc.I could not care less about their, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, politics etc. Input greatly impacts output and personnel investment should reflect that.

Create an environment wherein thinking outside of the box is rewarded and new ideas are welcomed. Avoid change for change's sake, but embrace justified change.

The taking of measured risks  helps avoid stagnation  and complacency. While I recognize that character matters, I think it is important to understand that many of these players come from situations where positive role models are virtually nonexistent. Create an environment that fosters the best in people, but understands that perfectionn only exists as an unattainable goal. For example, I love that the Rams try to instill a sense of responsibility by alerting draftees of the perils of newfound wealth before they sign their contract.

Also, I do not completely dismiss the use of analytics. It can be helpful as a tool assuming it is not your only tool.

Furthemore, I do not think it was wise to sign Olsen to a new contract. The Panthers should have let the season play out before negotiating a new contract with a player of his age who was coming off of an injury. I would love to be wrong; however, I suspect that I will be disappointingly right. I suspect this signing was driven and/or directed by Jerry Richardson. These are the types of decisions the new ownership should avoid. The Steelers seem to know when it is time to say no. I hope Tepper brings this same attitude with him.

I have often wondered how teams rate their scouts. If I owned a team, I would invest heavily in them and implement pay systems that recognize quality work. This would also include analysis of players that the team did not end up drafting. I would monitor the results of players drafted and the analysis of scouts. I understand that scouting is part science interspersed with a touch of art. It is an inexact science; however, incremental increases in exactitude are possible if the proper analysis is done.

I also believe that the NFL logo should not be at midfield. A Panthers logo should replace. The primary though not exclusive loyalty of the team should be to them team and not the NFL. It is a small but not insignificant gesture.

I also believe that training camp should not in at Wofford. It is terribly inconvenient for most fans. I suspect that contractual obligations may delay such a change.

3 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

a better question is, why would you NOT want the panthers logo at midfield rather than the NFL logo?

it's a matter of team pride. I want to look down and see that panther logo, just like all the other teams not just in the NFL (who don't have to share a field) but in pretty much all sports. you look down and see your team's logo.

another better question is, why would anyone object to the panthers logo being put on the center of the panthers home field?

the panthers logo belongs on midfield.

8 hours ago, YourManInAmsterdam said:

Now that the sale is just a few rubber stamps from being complete...

...What non-football/business-side changes would you like to see?

A few that come to mind for me are:

• Adjustments to the PSL program that would discourage/penalize non-use of tickets. I get damn tired of seeing empty seats on TV.
  • I'd like to see the business side become a beacon of diversity, inclusiveness and forward thinking. Erase Richardson's tainted legacy through transparency, leadership, and actually doing the right thing.
  • Clean house at the executive level - essentially anyone who enabled Richardson's behavior. This includes COO Tina Becker.
  • Remove that damn statue of Richardson
  • Following the example set in Atlanta for concessions. Stop the price gouging.
  • Lead the way in actually treating cheerleaders like professionals instead of second class citizens.

Those are just a few that come to mind. I'd love to hear your thoughts as well.

Do you own PSLs?

if you don’t, you can always buy your own.

‘i get damned tired’ of people bitching about PSL holders when they don’t contribute a dime to ticket sales 

i had to pay for a one time right to buy seat rights 

then every year, renewing tickets 

I have to buy exhibition tickets.

Should they make the playoffs, I have to pay more

i pay if they are 1-15 or 15-1

The invoice comes every March  The playoff ticket invoice  every December 

The regular invoice is in the thousands   The playoff is the same depending on how far they go

Let me say that again, thousands of dollars 

None of that includes all the other expenses

i am not unique and you want to talk about ‘penalties’  and ‘discouragement ‘  discouragement is paying thousands of dollars to see John Fox and Jimmy Claussen

You hit a..hot perception button of mine  and hopefully I have provided  a different perspective for you.  

Now if you are interested in buying PSLs for 2019 and I’ll sell you mine  this year’s are paid for..but next year’s, step on up  

Archived